OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1) A Wii portable.
The nunchuck can have a LCD mount on it (lol!) while the remote can take in a game cart and sit inside your backpack or pocket, sending game data over wireless device.
Now you're not only swinging your nunchuck in public, it's already damn challenging enough to track the screen while your swinging it around.
I know it's not practical, but what holds back developing of Wii portable is not the limits of technology or funding, it's limits of creativity and imagination. This is a wild guess, but a couple next generation console will not require TV/Monitor but will feature helmet type vision device. Wii controllers are motion sensitive rather than button-sensitive, so it makes sense to utilize it even further.

2) I think it'd be really cool to have a rhythm game that reads off your body movement. So basically you listen to game music through earphone and dance to the beat. You can play it in a car (heck not while driving) multiplay with your girl/boyfriend. But it lacks feedback on how you're doing or how you're supposed to dance and etc. And could be quite embarrasing to play in public

3) Part of a portable console can be a cell phone. According to a recent survey, more than 100% of population in London (Or maybe U.K. I don't remember) owns a cell phone. That doesn't actually mean everybody in UK have cell phones but some people definitely have more than one (so you can chat with 2 people at the same time? jk) Cell phone has more than enough buttons and some even support touch screen, or circular dpad. And you can easily play online through the cellphone's internet service. As long as mobile phone companies have unlimited internet access plan provided at reasonable price, it could be a hit (Also NDS/PDS or whatever else that support WiFi can possibly feed off it with little work)

If you thought "Dude that's crazy!" that means I'm at least half convinced that if these ideas come true, they'll be a hit
But then again, who wants to play fishing game on Wii portable while standing in line at bus stop with 40 people in front/behind him? Still I won't limit my so called creativity by such things, it's supposed to be funky after all...

th3sandm4n

I'm here for the knowledge!
Trophies
Website
www.Websiteofdoom.com
XP
Country
United States
1. That would never work lol(not with a screen attached to smething ur swingin around)
2. Aren't they making soem DDR crap on the Wii? Not sure how it works, but I imagine something like that.
3. Cellphones are getting better for games, but still I mean if u wanna play games you are gunna buy a real portable system. I'm not rich so I got a cheap phones with no fancy keyboard, so maybe thats why I hate cell phone games
tongue.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
3) Portable addons to console games are a nice idea, anyone remember the Pocketstation? I think the dreamcast had one too. But after the mess that was the N-gage I think developers are going to think really, really hard before trying to use a cellphone as a serious gaming device again. They're fine for small pick-up-and-play titles, but I doubt they'll be considered as part of the console industry for a long time.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1) Heh yeah the LCD needs to be somewhere else. I was just joking about LCD on nunchuck =P

2) Nah, I mean body movement as in whole body movement through a sophisticated sensor. Like the things developers use to motion capture people, but waaaaaaaaayyyyy simpler version without that buncha cables.

3) Running the whole thing on cell phone may not really work, but using a cell phone as a second controller (Like DS download play, it basically uses the second DS as a second controller).

I'm actually a programmer, and recently getting interested in non-PC systems programs. So I just came up with some things by looking at my new DSLs =D

cheesyPOOF5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3) Portable addons to console games are a nice idea, anyone remember the Pocketstation? I think the dreamcast had one too. But after the mess that was the N-gage I think developers are going to think really, really hard before trying to use a cellphone as a serious gaming device again. They're fine for small pick-up-and-play titles, but I doubt they'll be considered as part of the console industry for a long time.

Also the Sega Nomad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: