Hacking Some folders are empty or incorrect after transferring games to SD card.

ClappingFetus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • I am using a Slim Vita (Borderlands 2 edition)
  • Samsung Evo Plus 128GB microSD
  • SD2Vita V3.0 Adapter
  • Latest Henkaku and VitaShell 1.76
  • NoNpDrm, SD2Vita plugins moved to ur0:tai and added to config under *Kernel

I just got my SD2Vita Adapter yesterday and I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I followed all the steps to get it set up and it seems to be working. My problem is that when I take out my SD card and transfer games to it some of the games suddenly have empty or messed up folders. I will transfer like 10 games and the live area refresh will find somewhere between 0 and 4 games usually. It doesn't seem to be the actual games that are the problem though. Depending on how many games are transferred and the method used sometimes a game that wasn't being found in the live area refresh will suddenly be found and will work fine.

I make sure to turn the Vita off before I remove the SD card. I do not turn it back on until it is reinserted. I have had better success transferring through FTP but it is sloooow.

I have tried the following with no real success:
  • Erasing everything and setting up SD card again.
  • Tried Default and 64 allocation size during format. (I read in a forum the 64 allocation worked better for someone who had a 100+gb card)
  • Tried USB and FTP transfer. Better results but still not reliable.

Also when using original Vita memory card I have no problems with NoNpDrm games.

**UPDATE 12/7/2017**

[SOLVED]
Tried a another 32gb card I bought from BestBuy and everything works perfect. Never buy cheap SD cards on Ebay. I got 2 SD cards that have identical packaging and print to the real Samsung SD cards but apparently they were cheap counterfeit SD cards. They even function but are completely unreliable for certain devices like the Vita.

Last edited by ClappingFetus,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like an issue with vita shell. sometimes it doesn't pick up games, at least from my experience. you should rebuild the database. it will pick up the sd2vita card by loading it before sce shell, so it will act as ux0 before the rebuilding process.

ClappingFetus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like an issue with vita shell. sometimes it doesn't pick up games, at least from my experience. you should rebuild the database. it will pick up the sd2vita card by loading it before sce shell, so it will act as ux0 before the rebuilding process.

okay I rebuilt database, reinstalled molecular shell and vitashell, enabled unsafe homebrew, added ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx and ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx back to config.txt, deleted ux0:tai/, rebooted from vitashell, opened vitashell (corrupt error kept coming up), reinstalled vitashell (error 0x80AF5001) , found out I have a corrupt SD card. :(

ClappingFetus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got a 2nd micro SD of the same type and a 2nd SD2Vita 3.0 adapter.
  • I system restored my Vita.
  • Wiped and formatted all memory cards and internal memory.
  • I reinstalled henkaku enso.
  • Proceeded through all the SD2Vita setup steps again.
  • Ran into a whole bunch of corruption issues with VitaShell and MolecularShell.
  • Had to rebuild database a few times to get it to quit.
Now, I finally got VitaShell where it will open without any errors so I added about 10 small games real quick to test it out and see if the live area refresh would pick them up.
Nope... only found 3 games. This SD2Vita stuff seems like a super unreliable way to play games at the moment. Is there a better version of SD2Vita than this or do you think maybe its the brand of SD card I am using?
I got the SD2Vita 3.0 (the one with red text and black cart) on Ebay. I think it is the chinese one.

Last edited by ClappingFetus,

ClappingFetus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[SOLVED] Tried a another 32gb card I bought from BestBuy and everything works perfect. Never buy cheap SD cards on Ebay. I got 2 SD cards that have identical packaging to the real Samsung SD cards but apparently I bought cheap counterfeit SD cards. They function but are completely unreliable.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
[SOLVED] Tried a another 32gb card I bought from BestBuy and everything works perfect. Never buy cheap SD cards on Ebay. I got 2 SD cards that have identical packaging to the real Samsung SD cards but apparently I bought cheap counterfeit SD cards. They function but are completely unreliable.
That kind of card should always be checked before usage with a tool such as h2testw. They are often low-capacity cards (2GB, 4GB seem common) that report high capacities to the system. They work well, until you pass that limit and it starts overwriting data and corrupting existing files.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
don't ever buy sd cards from ebay. it's gotten so bad with fake cards that ebay actually made a page on how to spot a fake.
Eh, the refunds usually work fine. I've been refunded for a few fake cards. On the other hand, I've gotten a few good cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1