1. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I see. So then it wouldn't be any different than running a game boy cartridge in Game Boy Player on a Gamecube then. I know Krikzz flashcart has border and color support, even after picking a rom from the menu. Notice the border change.

2. EZ-Flash2

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

China

it will be supported by firmware update.

3. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'll keep an eye out until then. :)

4. Bonny

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Where to buy? Is there a dealer that ships from inside the European Union? So i could save the custom fees...

5. Bonny

Germany
    I got 3 GB Colour Units from Kong Feng, a yellow one without built-in games and 2 units (blue-transparent and green-transparent) with built-in games.

All units work perfectly with the Jack DIY Flashcart (a everdrive clone cart)

Regrettably, the Jack DIY has no Savestate function and no soft reset for getting back to the menu, so this cart is intresting... but if it really dosen't work on the Kong Feng Clones... :unsure:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  6. Skyhigh_

OP Skyhigh_ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    While i myself cannot confirm this ( yet), some individuals that reside in china have confirmed or have seen others confirming the ''new'' kong feng gb colour does work with this card.

Still not sure why this one doesn't work on the current GBC kong feng version i have

7. Bonny

Germany
    Good to know. From where did you get your junior cart?

P.S.: I just updated my post, indeed i have 3 Kong Feng units. I bought them in different years, so i may got "old" units and maybe also "new" ones.

P.S.: The cart has a savestate function, right? I mean.... RealTimeSave ?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  8. gnatydnac

gnatydnac Member
    Newcomer

China
    I just find only one difference between the two version of GangFeng:
    The old one:
    GF2.png

And the new one(with RGB screen) has an extra green bar(I dont know what that is) on the botton of the board. But As it is, the two differ from their screen!
    GF1.jpg

By the way, the old version of GangFeng has been supported with the latest firmware, but as his saying, it's "not on purpose, don't know why that happens".
    The last word is, I'm not very sure about what I said above, JUST FOR A REFERENCE! Cuz all the information are from web or chattings, not from my own.
    GF3.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  9. Shift

Shift Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Any Transfer Pak support? I was thinking of getting the GB EMS Smart Card for that, but if this would do it, that'd be great. From what I understand, you'd have to have just one ROM on the card so it will load without the main menu while in the TP.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  10. Jumpman_DK

Jumpman_DK Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    When you're using the EZ FLash jr. on a GBA, is there any way to play classic GB games with a monochrome palette? Or does it always act like when inserting an original GB cartridge, i.e. automatically switching to the (ugly) blue/green/red palette?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  11. BinarySoup

BinarySoup Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I don’t see any mention of save states?

12. Bonny

Germany
    Correct. Cause the cart dosen't support that (yet)

13. Skyhigh_

United States
    Looks like it just acts like inserting a normal GB cartridge for now battle arena toshiden plated with a blue/greenish palette ( same patterns already built into a GBC when you insert a GB game)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I think it may in the future, there seems to be a decent amount of updates within the cards recent release some which fixed some bugs

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  14. Liriel

Liriel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    There are more difference like where the Rom board is placed.
    Or the lense size and screen cutout is change.

Gesendet von meinem ELE-L29 mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  15. Liriel

Germany
    Look on aliexpress 37 Euro and sending to europe

16. Liriel

Germany
    Ähm like on gbc you need only a button combination.
    That works on these cards too when you us a gb Rom.
    Left and b is monochrome.
    [​IMG]

17. Jumpman_DK

Jumpman_DK Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    Thanks. Of course I have been aware of these button combinations for changing the color palettes before. So, the GameBoy start-up screen pops up everytime a new ROM has been loaded, right? Okay, that'll do then.

Still I think, back then Nintendo made the wrong decision not to have "Gray" as the default palette for classic cartridges - the blue/greenish palette feels out of place most of the times.

18. Skyhigh_

United States
    How much do Europeans normally get charged by customs for a $50 item?

In USA you don't really get any customs issue for items under $100 , its mostly only when certain items that go over 1,000 usd where they start collecting

For those on the fence about buying the card, what are you currently holding out on? Is it the price, features or other reasons?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  19. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    There is no universal answer to this because every european country has their own custom laws.

In Germany, for example there are two types of fees:

1. VAT
    For any Item with a value above 22€ the person importing the item needs to pay VAT (19% of the item value, except for books and paintings which have a VAT of 7%) - This is, however, only collected if the collection ammount exceeds 5€, raising the limit in practice to just above 26€. There are plenty of ways sellers can avoid having their item selected by the customs office for a check of this limit though (declaring a lower value on the outside of a package, claiming it's a sample, importing it through less strict european countries like the netherlands or by simply storing and shipping the items from the british channel islands like Jersey or Guernsey which are technically not part of the EU but because they are british territory can simply enter the EU unobstructed until the UK leaves the EU), but if it is selected, you have to go to the customs office and open the package in the presence of a customs officer and declare the value of the item with - for example - a bill or paypal statement.
    People quite often call these "customs fees", even though they are technically not - it's just that the customs office collects these on behalf of the fiscal office.

2. Customs fees
    These vary on the item. Shipments above 150€ might cost additional import fees (on top of the VAT), depending on what product category the item belongs to. Items like video game consoles, smartphones or cameras have a customs fee of 0%, other categories range from 0-15% - if it's a bike from china it's even as high as 63,5% (special exception)

I order plenty of stuff from china, and I can tell you that I only had to visit the customs office three times in the last 6 years. Twice because my item was randomly selected for a check (both times the item was not allowed to be imported for different reasons), once because it was ordered and shipped from japan and the japanese are less "creative" about their customs avoidance practices.

20. Liriel

Germany
    Yeah I can say around 90-95% of outside eu sending goes through the custom without to pick out in germany

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - impressions, first, flash