Some EZ Flash IV questions

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by sp957, Apr 24, 2015.

1. sp957
    OP

sp957 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    I was messing around with my EZ flash IV and have some curiosities.

1) If I press select on "SD Card", a pop up menu says "Delete?". What's the point of this? Just to delete everything on our card or does it just delete the saves or something?

2) On a GBA, is it better to use NOR or stick with the PSRAM?

To my knowledge, NOR is used for big homebrew roms that can't be played on PSRAM. Also, it will take a while to write a game to the NOR, but once you do, it will load almost instantly, but you can basically only put one game maybe two on the NOR. So PSRAM v. NOR is pretty much preference? One is not technically faster than the other?

3) This actually happened a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure how. My Saver folder went ahead my GBA folder.... How can I put it back to where GBA first then the saver folder. I have over 100 roms so I know you can mess up the Save files if you accidentally open the folder and it has more than 80 files.

2. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    1) This is to delete the contents of the NOR flash in the cart, which otherwise maintainsits data even after power off.
    2) Normally stick with using the RAM for most games. I use NOR to store either one game i wish to play frequently (dont have to wait the few seconds for it to write to RAM each launch) or for games too large for the RAM
    3)Not sure about this one, you could try running an app like fat-sorter on the SD card (http://fat-sorter.software.informer.com/)

3. sp957
    OP

sp957 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    So whats the difference between deleting the Nor data and formatting the nor? Pressing Select just shows a message that says "Delete?", while pressing Start shows a message saying "Format NOR"?

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    in case you didn't knew you can put several games into the NOR, as long as you have space... when you use delete, it will delete one item (because NOR nature you can just delete the last item you copied)
    however format it will erase all games at once. from the NOR. that way if you want to play let's say a 32 mb game you dont have to delete each at a time...