• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Some Dutch guy wants to legally change of age

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So yea, you see, there's that 69 years old guy who feels much younger
articulation are fine, mental health is fine, eyes are fine, heart is fine
plus, he doesn't look 69, he looks more like between 40-50

so he said that legally, you can change of sex, you can change of name
Why can't you change your birthday?

Apparently, women on tinder see his pics, looks nice, looks at his age, not nice
Personally, I find it stupid, but I'd like to see comments about this case :)

Reactions: Freezerbomb
D

Deleted-379826

Brilliant, simply brilliant. Sounds like an extravagant idea! Never before have I heard something so insanely genius!

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Here’s the source so you, too, can laugh at this mess. No, it’s not April Fools again.

This is so unbelievably stupid, and a waste of funds and time. Not only that, but this buffoonish creep even tries to equate changing his age with trans people.

Old Man Yells At Cloud, Claiming He Is Not Old.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here’s the source so you, too, can laugh at this mess. No, it’s not April Fools again.

This is so unbelievably stupid, and a waste of funds and time. Not only that, but this buffoonish creep even tries to equate changing his age with trans people.

Old Man Yells At Cloud, Claiming He Is Not Old.
91sn32Q.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, can I say I identify as an old person and demand to get my retirement money now?
I guess a 16 years old boy will ask to change his age to 18/21 so he can buy beer

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He knows it is a joke

That's the whole reason he is doing it

Basically he is making social commentary and he is incredibly rich so he doesn't care how much time and money he wastes

james50a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
honestly basically exact same thing as the trans argument. it stopped being about what you are physically to what you are emotionally. the fact that the government let emotions factor into laws is the issue and its why this old man cannot be dismissed as a joke without dismissing the "feelings" of people who identify as trans.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Since Harper, Canada is considering changing legal age for retirement from 65 to 67
It's 65 here but they're talking about increasing it to 67 as well. I just want to stay ahead of the game in case they move the goalposts in the meantime.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's 65 here but they're talking about increasing it to 67 as well. I just want to stay ahead of the game in case they move the goalposts in the meantime.
There isn't the grandfather law in your country?
(you know that law saying that laws that applied to you and are now changed, the old law still applies to you)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I gotta admit the guy has more arguments than I give him credit for.

Then again: I don't give him credit. The guy is lucky to be in the shape that he is (okay, I assume he worked toward that). How about being grateful for it rather than jumping the shark? I mean...what does he want to prove? That there are exceptions to the general rule of aging?

(note: in our dojo, we've got an 80+ karateka. It's very nice to still be in shape at his age, but he's just about the oldest karateka in Belgium, or even Europe. It's not like every senior can "just pick up the sport").

Reactions: Xzi

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
honestly basically exact same thing as the trans argument. it stopped being about what you are physically to what you are emotionally. the fact that the government let emotions factor into laws is the issue and its why this old man cannot be dismissed as a joke without dismissing the "feelings" of people who identify as trans.
It's not the same argument. He's asking to literally bend time to defy his age, something that has literally no scientific backing in any fields. There's actual medical research to prove and understand how being transgender works and why it's a real thing. These aren't the same thing.
One can draw a line in the sand between this and being trans without invalidating the trans community.

Last edited by The Catboy,

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the same argument. He's asking to literally bend time to defy his age, something that has literally no scientific backing in any fields. There's actual medical research to prove and understand how being transgender works and why it's a real thing. These aren't the same thing.
One can draw a line in the sand between this and being trans without invalidating the trans community.
And there isn't any research into how and why people age differently?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And there isn't any research into how and why people age differently?
There's still a difference between that field of research and what this man is asking and comparing it to. Just become someone ages differently, doesn't mean they can legally change their age based on that rate. One's own age is a measurement of time, not of their health. There's a complete difference here and these things are not comparable in any manner.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's still a difference between that field of research and what this man is asking and comparing it to. Just become someone ages differently, doesn't mean they can legally change their age based on that rate. One's own age is a measurement of time, not of their health.
Looks like an arbitrary line being drawn in the sand to me. One could easily make the converse argument that just because a man has surgery and undergoes hormone therapy doesn't mean they are a woman.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looks like an arbitrary line being drawn in the sand to me. One could easily make the converse argument that just because a man has surgery and undergoes hormone therapy doesn't mean they are a woman.
Expect it's a line drawn with actual facts. You can't change the year you were born, that's against the universal laws of time and something that can not be changed. Being trans has actual medical backing to prove the validity behind transgender individuals. Your argument is complete garbage and without backing. You are comparing an apple to a shoe with nonsense arguments.

Last edited by The Catboy,

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I could be way off base here, but it seems like the obvious answer is a mix of diet, exercise, and genetics. All three often being determined by where you're born and who you're born to.
Genetics isn't really an answer, but more of the start of an answer. What about the genetics causes people to age slower? Like with sex, you could say it's genetics and stop there, but why does the Y chromosome result in male physiology? Then you start delving deeper into hormone production and the like to see the actual biological process related to the genetics.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Expect it's a line drawn with actual facts. You can't change the year you were born, that's against the universal laws of time and something that can not be changed. Being trans has actual medical backing to prove the validity behind transgender individuals. Your argument is complete garbage and without backing. You are comparing an apple to a shoe with nonsense arguments.
You are being very dismissive of the other side while asking people to be accepting of your own. There is some nuance on both sides, but you only accept the nuance for the side that you are on.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You are being very dismissive of the other side while asking people to be accepting of your own. There is some nuance on both sides, but you only accept the nuance for the side that you are on.
That's because the other side is based on nothing and doesn't deserve my respect. It's a man trying to "make a point" about the trans community while making a platform on literally garbage logic. This is the same kind of crap that 4chan pulled with "cloversexual," except now it's using age instead of pedophilia. I don't need to accept his side because he's inherently disrespected my existence with his little show.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended