OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was looking into buying a TTDS, but I was hoping to get some feedback from DSTT community first. I've read many mixed reviews on what seems to be an amazing cartridge.

1) I've heard you can play SNES and GBA games without a slot-2 device on DSTT. Is this true? How? If not, then how do I play SNES games, as far as I know Slot-2 device only supports GBA+GBC.

2) Are the firmware/patches for future game compatibility really at an end for this card? What state of being updated is it in?

3) Is it true that Sonic Classic Collection DS is completely incompatible?

4) Would you recommend the DSTT for someone that's interested in playing Pokemon White/Black + Zelda OoT DS and future titles within 3 months of launch? If not, what cartridge would you suggest over DSTT?

Thank you all in advance for your insight and assistance on my tough decision!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
tazuwukei said:
I was looking into buying a TTDS, but I was hoping to get some feedback from DSTT community first. I've read many mixed reviews on what seems to be an amazing cartridge.

1) I've heard you can play SNES and GBA games without a slot-2 device on DSTT. Is this true? How? If not, then how do I play SNES games, as far as I know Slot-2 device only supports GBA+GBC.

2) Are the firmware/patches for future game compatibility really at an end for this card? What state of being updated is it in?

4) Would you recommend the DSTT for someone that's interested in playing Pokemon White/Black + Zelda OoT DS and future titles within 3 months of launch? If not, what cartridge would you suggest over DSTT?

1. No, you need a DStwo for that.
2. No, RetroGameFan releases patches for games. They are uploaded to Filetrip.net.
3. It's compatible.
4. No, absolutely not, it's a bad card. Get an AK2i or R4DS Revolution or DStwo.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
tazuwukei said:

Answer is simple:

You have a DS/DSLite, you want to play with GBA games = AK2i + 3en1 or M3REAL+M3 GBA RAM Expansion pack
(M3 have the advantage, because M3 GBA RAM have a battery inside for GBA game like pokémon)

You want the same, but you have a DSi, DSi XL or a 3DS = DSTwo, only and best solution!

DSTTi, is good in what? = Simplicity to use for DS GAME only!!!

DSTTi can work in DS, DSLite, DSi, DSi XL and 3DS

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
Lol at "Zelda OOT 3DS on DSTT"

He did write DS, but he is obviously very, very, very, very misinformed.
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr