Some DS games not working on Gateway blue card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by hippy dave, Jun 22, 2014.

1. hippy dave
    OP

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    I know this is about DS games on a DS-mode card, but this is where the Gateway owners hang out, so...

The specific game I currently can't get working is Chibi-Robo Park Patrol, Micronauts release number 1457. I've got that multikernel thing for the blue card, with the hacked Wood 1.62 firmware, so it should be compatible with the game, but when it tries to start the game I just get a white screen.

The other game I remember not working was Super Princess Peach which I got for my lady, tho that was the older version of the multikernel so I don't know if it was the updated Wood kernel. Never chased it up as it works on the R4i I passed on to her with my old DSi anyway.

Anyone had problems with particular DS games not working on the blue card, and found any solutions? Ta.

2. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Super princess peach is an amazing game.

I own a DSTwo, so no idea.

3. hippy dave
    OP

Apr 30, 2012
    Good to know, maybe I'll try it one day.

I'm waiting on a dstwo from eachmall, if that ever turns up this won't matter any more, but for now I'm itching to play some portable chibi-robo..

4. bobmcjr

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    All games that use NAND saves do not work on the gateway blue cart (WWDIY, JWTB, etc). These games black screen.

5. hippy dave
    OP

Apr 30, 2012
    Great info, thanks. Not sure that's the problem with Park Patrol tho, I'm getting a white screen, and on ds-scene.net it's listed as "flash" save type, which is the same as some other games I have that work (Jam With the Band is also listed as "flash", but WWDIY is listed as "unknown", so, who knows).