Some DS games doesn't work on 3DS: how to fix?

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:
1) using the universal updater, i have updated Twilight ++, and i supposed that nds-bootstrap too is is automatically updated during the Twilight++ update process.. Please check my current folders:
ROOT:
https://i.postimg.cc/3JGRyFvC/Cattura5.png

_nds
https://i.postimg.cc/Qxc7L303/Cattura6.png

I ran for the first time Twilight++, i dind't have it before :) But i think that know i don't need it. Ii tried again the games and they perfectly works!!!!

Many thanks guys!!! In order to keep updated my apps like Twilight and nds-bootstrap, how can i do? I mean, using the Universal Updated and updating Twilight, automatically it will be updated nds-bootstrap too? And how can i know it is necessary to update them? Running Twilight i don't see any version anywhere...so i don't know which are my current Twilight and nds-bootstrap version (for sure are the latest one in any case)?
universal update will update them, check online to see if it has an update or use universal updater, it will tell you it has an update which updates nds-bootstrap too.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
perfect, thanks! All my DS games works correctly!
Please, i need your help only for some these little questions and then i have finished to configure everything:

1) in my GBC collection, there is Donald Duck - Quack Attack that doesn't work. It starts, but after the opening, there is a black screen. Even if i push HOME, it is not possible to close the game, i have to tunr off the console. And Disney's Tarzan has a lot of sounds issues. Is it possible to fix them? Is there any update that i can do? I have converted to cia my games using as usual "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS"

2) Until now i used the Sky3DS card with 3ds games in .3ds format. Is it possible to convert them to .cia format in order to install them into the microSD? Or is it better to search them in .cia format? In additon i have a strange problem: now my Sky3DS isn't recognized anymore from my console...Why? Probably it is the custom firmware that disable the Sky3DS card?

thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure about your issues with a couple games. I have one gbc game and that's the star ocean game. I actually bought a reproduction cartridge of it without the manual, but with the box. it's expensive as hell for a legit copy. it's the fan translated one, blue sphere or something like that? I forgot the name. anyway, I made a dump of the game, and I used super ultimate injector to create the cia. no issues with it. use beta I think 27 for best compatibility. I know that beta 26 had issues with gameboy games to where you couldn't make the gameboy system screen come up with start or select, so I had to recreate those of my gameboy collection. and, yes, you can make cia games from 3ds. I think the easiest way now is godmode. the original method I used when I was using gateway is very convoluted and obsolete afaik.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, me too, i'm using Beta 27..so i don't know if it is normal that the game doesn't work...do you know if it is available a list with supported GB/GBC games?

ok, in order to convert my .3ds games to .cia, i have downloaded from here: https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases the .zip file and unzip it:
https://i.postimg.cc/s2FvtFzW/Cattura.png

now...what i have to do with these files? and how i can convert from .3ds to .cia?
many thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that I'm not sure. I used the old method to convert games. it's tedious, but all games worked without issue. wait for someone else to respond about that.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, i don't know any method, i hope anyone can help me..
But after installing the .cia file, it is also possible to download the free updates (if available)? And what about the DLC? For example, is it possible to install DLC for Super Smash Bros ?

Just another little question: after updating Twilight with UNIVERSAL UPDATER, i compared the folders of my SD card with folders present in the .zip pack for the manual update. I detected this difference in the _nds --> ntr-forwarder folder:

https://i.postimg.cc/D0F2gFqv/Cattura2.png

into the left, my current folder, into the right the folder included in the .zip pack. The sdcard.nds file is a little bigger in the folder of the manual update. Can i copy it on my sd card, overwriting the one already present?

thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you mean twilight menu++, yes you can overwrite the files. you don't want to delete them as your settings are saved in there. it won't overwrite your settings file.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use universal updater with the 3ds, but with the nds, I just overwrite the boot.nds, _nds, and the txt files on the root (just to have if they've been updated). I've never had a problem doing it that way. I always make sure twilight menu++ is updated by going into settings, then I test a game. on the 3ds, it's nsmb, and on the ds, it's golden sun, since it only works with a flash cart currently.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if you mean twilight menu++, yes you can overwrite the files. you don't want to delete them as your settings are saved in there. it won't overwrite your settings file.
yes, i'm talking about the sdcard.nds file. I don't know what is its function..so before to overwrite it, i would like to be sure that i don't create any issue to my console..

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I use universal updater with the 3ds, but with the nds, I just overwrite the boot.nds, _nds, and the txt files on the root (just to have if they've been updated). I've never had a problem doing it that way. I always make sure twilight menu++ is updated by going into settings, then I test a game. on the 3ds, it's nsmb, and on the ds, it's golden sun, since it only works with a flash cart currently.
i only have 3ds, i sold my NDS some years ago. Unfortunately it is not possiblr to see the Twilight ++ version launching the app...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only keep my ds for sentimental reasons, since I bought it in Akihabara, Japan. I bought the case for it in a mall there too (different location). the case is kinda beat up, so I wanted to replace my Hori case with another, but ds cases are hard to find, even on ebay. it's almost all 3ds stuff.

Reactions: legolas119

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, not that I know of. you have to go into settings to see twilight menu++ and bootstrap versions.
well,if i run Twilight, i can see several folders (nds_games, roms, luma, gm8, cias, badges...) in my root. And an icon named "Twilight Menu++ Rocket Robz, but if i push it, it reboot the app, but i can't see any settings...i don't fin the settings you are talking about...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's start when you're in the rom list. you can actually hide that stuff, hide the stuff you don't need. what it does is hides them in windows, so you won't see them in windows either unless you have "show hidden files and folders" enabled. that's how the hiding works.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once you press star, scroll down to the icon that looks like an open ds, and click on it. you should see the versions of both twilight menu and bootstrap inside.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well,if i run Twilight, i can see several folders (nds_games, roms, luma, gm8, cias, badges...) in my root. And an icon named "Twilight Menu++ Rocket Robz, but if i push it, it reboot the app, but i can't see any settings...i don't fin the settings you are talking about...
It's select for the settings.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, thanks! now i see the versions of both software, many thanks!
Now i would like to understand why the Sky3DS + isn't detected anymore... i would like to sell it but i want to be sure that it is working... do you know if it is better to format it in exTAF or FAT32? and is it better to use 32byte partition or 64byte partition? I really don't know why it isn't detected anymore..

Last edited by legolas119,

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, thanks! now i see the versions of both software, many thanks!
Now i would like to understand why the Sky3DS + isn't detected anymore... i would like to sell it but i want to be sure that it is working... do you know if it is better to format it in exTAF or FAT32? and is it better to use 32byte partition or 64byte partition? I really don't know why it isn't detected anymore..
Might have just been broken from a 3ds update. It broke around like 11.0 I think.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Might have just been broken from a 3ds update. It broke around like 11.0 I think.
well for sure it workded with the second to last firmware version. I have updated to the latest version just before to start the hacking process. I don't remember if the Skyplus worked as soon as i updated the original firmare to the last version... but i think that it worked... i don't know if the hacked firmware disabled the Sky 3DS+...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free