Hacking Some doubts about arm9loaderhax

Falkiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So my N3DS is now hardmodded and on 9.2.

I will proceed installing a CFW then Arm9lhx, I was reading a lot of stuff about and have some doubts.

When I first saw the arm9lhx I've seen people booting into emuNAND using it, but now we're booting directly sysNAND (or was sysNAND all the time and I was retarded and miss-read). So the best option so far is to boot into sysNAND with Arm9 and use a CFW on the sysNAND?

If I want to remove the arm9 I just need to reconnect my hardmod and upload the sysNAND backup without the arm9?

What is the best CFW, or what do you guys recommend? I remember the first one was AuReiNand but I've seen that more CFWs are compatible now, like Cake, rxTools and ReiNAND. The Plailect guide use Cake, there's any notable difference with the CFWs?

Do I need to maintain an emuNAND on the SD? I've read is good to use Decrypt9, but since I have a Hardmod, there's a point in keep the emuNAND on the SD?

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Aureinand with my a9lh, just know that both Reinand and Aureinand do not have Agb firm patches built in, you'll have to install a patched version of the title. I prefer Emunand with a9lh just because of the safety net it provides, but Sysnand can be used if the guide is followed properly. If you use Sysnand, Emunand can still be retained if you want to run 9.2 or lower processes. To my knowledge (but don't take my word on it) a9lh can be removed by restoring a nand backup that does not have a9lh installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Take some, @Sonic Angel Knight Here. :grog: