Some assistance getting Desume 0.9.7 online please?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by TwkD, Jan 9, 2013.

Jan 9, 2013
  1. TwkD
    OP

Newcomer TwkD Newbie

Canada
    [Edited for more info]

[Update] Have reached Error 50199 after updating to latest desume wifi build. Researching now

Hello all!

First off, let me state, I have followed the listed guides to a bullet!

• (Guide to setting up VM with Winxp)
    • (Guide to setting up 0.9.7)
    Now, in addition to this, I have googled around, but alas, I am stuck with these problems

Problem 1. Desume runs VERY slow. VERY slow, perhaps this could be triggering timeouts?

Problem 2. Error 61010. This normally indicates an outage of the WIFI service. Could this be because I'm logging on with an I.D. that's not unique?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit(6.1, Build 7601)
    Processor: Amd Phenom II x6 1065t (6cpu) ~2.9GHZ
    Memory: 8gigs
    GPU: Radeon HD6450(ew)
    ------------
    Router: Netgear wndr3400
    -----------
    Here is a photo of my VM setup.
    http://imghost.me/image/QUp
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried disabling both firewalls very quickly and then connecting, no dice.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much for your time, I eagerly look forward to responses from this die hard community :D

2. Yepi69

Member Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Portugal
    I'm pretty sure Nintendo banned the desmume I.D when they found out the emulator had online gameplay.

3. TwkD
    OP

Newcomer TwkD Newbie

Canada
    Would there be a way to go about getting a new I.D.? That would be the firmware.somethingorother, not to be confused with the firmware that goes with the 2arm files correct?

4. prectorian

Newcomer prectorian Chef Kirby

@Yepi69,

The emulator still can use that function, namely SVN rev.3947 and rev.4334 are the ones that can be considered good enough.

@TwkD,

The slowness of the emulator running on your computer is due to your computer spec being standard. Emulators aren't perfect clone of the real device, it has limitations on how well it run, the features it could perform, etc. Eg. it can't even do IR connection.

You're probably stuck because of your router security or setup. In any case, members here will find it hard to assist you due to your lacking of information.
    You're suppose to provide details about your computer, OS, internet setup, etc. Which you hadn't done so. Good luck and bye.

5. TwkD
    OP

Newcomer TwkD Newbie

Canada
    Ahh, I'm very sorry to trouble the one's I'm asking for help.

If its not too much to ask, could I request what information to provide?

Is there a method for me to request help VIA skype call?

Im afraid I don't have much to offer, maybe a few million gold on the DIABLO3 HARDCORE AMERICAS region>

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Did you dump your own DS's firmware and use in Desmume for it's wifi ID or whatever?

Last I checked you need to do that, as the ones you can download online are already known and blocked by Nintendo.

I, at least, have never seen anybody get online without doing a dump of their own DS firmware.

7. TwkD
    OP

Newcomer TwkD Newbie

Canada
    Rydian, I mean no disrespect, but from what I've read, I must disagree. I've been following the major installation threads about it. (I have found two on youtube, 1 on another forum, and one on this forum that are actively being discussed within the last three days) and have seen user's stating that it has worked and have cited the download packages with no reference to using their own dumps NDS.

Due to the error messages I've been getting, I'm inclined to believe it's an error on my end, but with my limited knowledge (I would consider it more then your average end user, I'd say), I am unable to find the error.

The error messages have reverted back to 61010, although the oddity I got and documented in my page led me to raise an eyebrow. I must say, this is getting me interested in the scene again, I even whipped out my old wii and did a fresh software mod on it, although it still has an old ass d2ckey in it ^_^.

I am going to attempt this under a few more fresh VM bootup's, varying from xp32-64, and win7 32. I will then reset my router to original and work up from there with router settings, I'll be sure to document the process, so if any other poor bastard's are stuck in my position, they are not forced to constantly swap between 4 places for information! (They can have a fifth one to troubleshoot with instead :S )

Rydian likes this.