Gaming Soma Bringer

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is probably the best DS RPG out there right now, it has an excellent combat system with tons of customization and cool animations. I just spent an hour fighting a giant boss (King Wojek in the translation), I found him in Dominas Waterfall. If you haven't tried this out, you really should. The translation patch is very easy to apply and it has everything you need to play.

How long is this game? I've been playing it for so long, it's very fun though. I am using Welt with a 2H sword. My favourite sword though is a weak one (Iron Blade, looks like Cloud's from FF7), the stronger ones just look to extravagant and colourful.

Also, I asked this in the help forum, but nobody answered:
How do I get to the Soma Palace in Cremona. It's the second objective in Act 6. I have been going around the Floating Continent Zain forever and I can't find anywhere that's not a dead end. Thanks.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trebuchet said:
The fan translation covers everything?
No, only "everything you need to play" ie. the story isn't finished yet. It will be eventually, hopefully. But I mean, Soma Bringer isn't the kind of game you play for the story anyway, I think.

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ruri said:
Trebuchet said:
No, only "everything you need to play" ie. the story isn't finished yet. It will be eventually, hopefully. But I mean, Soma Bringer isn't the kind of game you play for the story anyway, I think.

Yeah, I heard it covers up everything until Act3?

Sable

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shenjiade.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I know this game have almost nil chance of being release in any English-speaking countries and so I will wait for the translation patch.

I want to play a 100% game. So I will wait patiently for them to finish this project. Go guys go!

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They serisouly won't bring this to the US/Europe?!
Why? This looks really really good! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it came out in the US!

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, has anybody get to that palace? I killed King Wojek twice while waiting for the idea crammed into my head. I wandered the lands of Zain and, hell. Never found it

I'm using Cadenza, gunner, Beryl Gun (relic)

ATT 305 SKL 108
Gun Skill Heavy Shot Burst Shot Butterfly Speed all level 22
Double Shot level 3, my normal attack

with 14%HP absorb and 6%MP absorb I'm happy that my MP is infinite, combined with Meditation, oh, MP! when will you dry?
tongue.gif

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have Cadenza, Gunner,
and Welt, Battler, 2handed weapons (gotta love the big old blades.

On Act 5 for both i believe. And yes, the story isnt fully translated, but the game is still great.

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raestloz said:
So, has anybody get to that palace? I killed King Wojek twice while waiting for the idea crammed into my head. I wandered the lands of Zain and, hell. Never found it

I'm using Cadenza, gunner, Beryl Gun (relic)

ATT 305 SKL 108
Gun Skill Heavy Shot Burst Shot Butterfly Speed all level 22
Double Shot level 3, my normal attack

with 14%HP absorb and 6%MP absorb I'm happy that my MP is infinite, combined with Meditation, oh, MP! when will you dry?
tongue.gif

I am stuck like you, I can't get to the palace. I am using Welt with a Cross Blade. I love this game so much, but wandering Zain is so tiring.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great game! finished Summon Nights and moved on to Soma Bringer. I don't really care for the story as I find myself cutting the cutscenes a lot. The gameplay is awesome and highly addictive. Shame theres no multiplayer online
frown.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. How did I miss this. The boxart reminds me of Kingdom Hearts for some reason. I'm gonna try it out.
biggrin.gif

papyrus

Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Also, I asked this in the help forum, but nobody answered:
How do I get to the Soma Palace in Cremona. It's the second objective in Act 6. I have been going around the Floating Continent Zain forever and I can't find anywhere that's not a dead end. Thanks.

I'm stuck here too. I don't know where to go. I just go in circles.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
DarkSwordman said:
I'm stuck. Can someone help me, please? I'm at Act5 mission to the Teve Fork , could some one show me how to get there?

The game says: go north.southeast/whatever directions. Maybe you followed it like this:

1st: Go to the nroth (as the game says) and you found the fork

2nd: The game says go to southeast, incidentally there WAS a way to the southeast and you went there

now you're stuck, when the game says go to north, yeah, you have to go to the nroth, but when the game says got o a direction, you have to go back to the first fork you activated and go according to the log, you have to go from the first fork, not from the last fork

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trebuchet said:

as of the 2008-09-21 patch, 95.66% of the game has been translated, everything you need to complete the game has been translated (story-wise and major quests) the only things which haven't been translated yet are random people you can talk to and some of the people who you can get side quests off

I am using Einstatz with dual swords, and which ranged weapon is better, bows or guns?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte