Hacking [SOLVED] Mario Kart Wii *Blank Screen / Lock up* problem

ppgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have the 3.1J_V2 dump file...? please seed T______T
all torrents I found are dead and I don't wanna download the whole SSBB-J disc T_____T

benson827

Trophies
XP
Country
I konw all of you are experiencing the slow torrent of 3.1j_V2. I am currently downloading it at around 5Kb/s and it will be done in 5 hours.
After that i will upload 3.1j_V2 TO MEGAUPLOAD for the downloading pleasure of everybody.

Just be patient the MEGAUPLOAD links will be up very soon

donchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
anotheruser22 said:
I've got a PAL wii and am getting a black screen. Will this fix help me in any way? I have the latest wii firmware.

No. this will not. If you have Mario Kart Wii PAL iso, justlet it update. If it did not ask you for an update. Then it is definitely not due to firmware problem.

Rhaegar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
benson827 said:
I konw all of you are experiencing the slow torrent of 3.1j_V2. I am currently downloading it at around 5Kb/s and it will be done in 5 hours.
After that i will upload 3.1j_V2 TO MEGAUPLOAD for the downloading pleasure of everybody.

Just be patient the MEGAUPLOAD links will be up very soon

seeding, should be finished really soon
tongue.gif

Just a question. With this patch, what i'll essentially be doing is overwriting the MK update partition with the one from Brawl? So it'll contain the update to read DL disks therefore i can run a brickblocked version of Brawl NTSC-U without running any updates for it? Or even replacing the brawl update with this one?

benson827

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question. With this patch, what i'll essentially be doing is overwriting the MK update partition with the one from Brawl? So it'll contain the update to read DL disks therefore i can run a brickblocked version of Brawl NTSC-U without running any updates for it? Or even replacing the brawl update with this one?
[/quote]

That i presume is correct as after dld the update and applying the update to mario kart on my jap wii, the game ran finely. Then i borrowed my friend's brawl and it no longer asked for an update and the game ran perfectly.

ps . the update 3.1j_v2 is complete and i am currently uploading to megaupload. remaining time is 30mins
just hang on there....

Striker!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some Help to make work my SSBB.

Wii Ntcs 3.2U
Wiikey 1.9s

I have the black screen (Because I haven't done the 3.21_v2 update). I download SSBB wiizard, I copy the game on a +R DL disc,
I put the disc, and i get a black screen.

I use WUM to put the 3.1U_v2 update into a iso (DragonballTencaichi3), I copy the Iso in a Dvd -R. I put the game on my wii but there were not ask for an update. I start the channel and I begin to plaz Dragonball xD.

I need to Update my Wii with 3.1U_v2. ¿Do you know why my wii doesnt make the update?

Help Plz... Thx

TheBuzzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn this method didnt work for me.

my super smash bro melee update failed and i patched mario kart wii with smash update and it didnt ask me to update

so i get the black screen because smash update never updated my system... this sucks

gui1t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If SSBB or The 3.2 patch isn't prompting your wii to update (Like mine didn't) try letting the Wii update itself through the net by testing your network settings. The first network attempt to update failed, I tried again and it updated, then when I put the disk in it prompted me to update. And now, 5 discs and 5 hours later it works. Methinks the update will only work if you've updated your system to the newest prior release?

NTSC D2B Cyclowiz 3.6B
PAL Mario Kart w/ 3.2 patch uploaded by WUM
Enjoying the Bullet
tongue.gif

olinono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the instructions and my wii attempts to update but doesn't go anywhere after showing around 10% complete. Is there a way to force the update? Should I connect my wii to the internet and allow it to update through there? I've always been afraid of connecting it to the internet since I have heard that it will make my wii inoperable. Any help is greatly appreciated!

troc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donchen said:
Ok. I got it sorted out. You will need the following programs/files.

- WuM (Wii Update Manager) *Google it. It is easy to find*
- A raw dump of 3.1J_V2/3.1U_V2 (Depends on which region your Wii is from)

1) Place the raw dump of 3.1J_V2/3.1U_V2 in a folder call "dumps". The folder is created when you first launch WuM.
2) Open up the UNMODIFIED ISO of Mario Kart Wii with WuM.
3) Click "READ INFOS".
4) Click "ANALYZE RISK". It will probably tell you that you need to brickblock it because its from a different region.
5) Under "Replace with". Select your region's update. Either 3.1J_V2 or 3.1U_V2.
6) Click "REPLACE". *DO NOT BRICK BLOCK IT!*
7) Just to be safe, reload the ISO you just MODIFIED and click "READ INFOS" and "ANALYZE RISK". This time, it should say that it is safe because the update is the same region as your Wii.
7.5) Some of you may need to RegionFrii it. (I did not do this step therefore I am not sure if it will affect the overall outcome.)
8) Burn the MODIFIED ISO.
9) Insert into your Wii. It will prompt for an update. LET IT UPDATE. IT IS SAFE because you have already switched the UPDATE with the UPDATE of your region! Therefore be VERY SURE you replace it with the update of your Wii region.
10) After finishing the update, load Mario Kart Wii from channel... Everything should load fine and you are ready to go =)

Tested with Jap Wii running firmware 3.2J. D2CKey.

Thanks to everyone that helped me. Hope this help somebody.
Credit also goes out to the creator of WuM. Awesome program! =))

Is using ISO of Mario Kart Wii required?
Can I use any other ISO instead of Mario Kart at step 2?

I've tested with Super Mario Galaxy JP on my Jap Wii 3.2J Wiikey 1.9s but it doesn't work
The ISO has original 3.0 J firmware. I changed it to 3.1Jv2 by following all the instruction.
After burned modified ISO, I inserted it into the Wii and update its firmware (3.1Jv2 I suppose?)
After my Wii restarted, I tried SSBB-U, Mario Kart-U but both asked for firmware update.

What went wrong?

Current 3.2J firmware was updated through wifi after get 3.1J from Wii Fit
When I updated from SMG-J (as mention above), it took just 5-10s to update. Was that normal?

BTW, my SMG-U asks for firmware update also (despite I can play SMG-J normally)

(all my game-U are bought from local store, which are chinese rips so I can't tell exactly what region they are)

NetZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol, u r my hero! its helped me alot, i search in alot of places for one solution, and now im playing mario kart wii and smash bros NTSC-U in my Wii JAP! tyvm!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"