Hacking Solution to R4 Spring Problems

jngamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so today my spring just stopped working on me, and i looked on the forum how to solve it. i tried all the solutions i could find, and none worked. until i finally see somebody say they used tweasers to pull out the spring. so i tried it, n thanks to him, the spring is gone, and i can push and pull out the micro sd from the r4 ds now.
try it out guys if it doesnt work for you.

if u want pictures on what it looks like now, post.

Update*

I'm posting a youtube video on how to solve the spring problem on the r4 ds. ill post a link as soon as its uploaded.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mNDhdWap3TM

myclock

Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
cheers for this. hope mine doesnt break
tongue.gif

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
there was another thread discussing this too. i had the same prob on my m3, and after removing the spring, the card would go down to far, so i bent the runners on the front of the sd slot downwards into L shapes so they held the card at the right spot - works perfectly!

edit: heres the link with some pics : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=43982&st=0

(the last reply on that thread is a bit silly - theres no spring so it cant spring out! - plus, the runners hold the card in place anyway)

yukine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, thanks. I have an R4 with a broken spring, so I'll give this a shot later. It beats holding the microSD card in place with tape!

squeaks

Trophies
XP
Country
i did write a topic on how to repair a acekard spring, which is the same, you can also buy the push type microsd slots online but they cost around $3-$4 each. anyhow if anyone wanted images also check the post below. btw the spring slot on acekard was way too small for tweezer, so i used a crafting knife

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=44796&hl=

I had locking problems with my R4, when you push down the SD card, it wouldn't lock, and teh sd card slides right back up. I just went back and had it changed. But, just in case, does anyone know how to fix the locking problem? To keep the spring from pushing it out if the lock mechanism brokes.

yukine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to do this, but I can't really see what happened in the video. So you just take small tweezers and pull out the spring via the same slot you put the microSD card? Or do I need to open up the little compartment that houses the spring?

Farp

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Before you rip out the spring you might want to try actually fixing it.

There's some information in this thread. I fixed mine in a similar manner some months ago and it's been fine ever since. If you find it doesn't work reliably then rip away!

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Putting in wrong side it enough to brick
Atleast at my R4 tough fixed using this video couldnt find any pincer took a knife broke the lil black plastic out and it works fine now

whodat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having problems with my spring. It would not eject my MicroSD card. After searching I found out that the spring does not hold the card in place. So I leave the spring engaged and pull the card out with my fingers. Hope that helps anyone having the same problem.

xnh02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've had a m3 ds simply for about 3 months now. i didn't know that the micro sd card slot had springs until now. i have always just slid the card in and out using my finger nails without any problems.

jrdehaisx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess like a child I had to learn about the drop down of the best card out there, the drop down is hte spring thing, so anyways I will try to fix this as my GF has the Card right now, she does not open it up that much as I do, I normally take the MicroSD 7-10 times a night to upload new roms to it... soooooooooooo I guess this is my pay down... darng, anyways the card is the best to my point of view.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...