Hacking Solitaire And Mahjong problem

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got the report from a modchip user that the game works fine from the disc channel for him. Since it's a NTSC game, you may need some region hack for the system menu, which is the point where it gets complicated. And it could be that the game needs IOS Version patching and 002 fix at the same time. You could try to install the cIOS53 from cioscorp and try your luck with that instead of IOS Version patch the game.

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I got the report from a modchip user that the game works fine from the disc channel for him. Since it's a NTSC game, you may need some region hack for the system menu, which is the point where it gets complicated. And it could be that the game needs IOS Version patching and 002 fix at the same time. You could try to install the cIOS53 from cioscorp and try your luck with that instead of IOS Version patch the game.
Is this the correct cIOS53 from cioscorp? CIOSBUGFIX53.wad as i tried it and it made no difference.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fiddlefaddle22 said:
WiiPower said:
Is this the correct cIOS53 from cioscorp? CIOSBUGFIX53.wad as i tried it and it made no difference.

It would only work with the rebooter then. Are you able to boot NTSC games with only NTSC video modes with the rebooter at all? I guess not. You need that to work first. I don't like to say it, but the alternative would be softmii with cioscorp and the CORRECT region free hacks (there are lots of broken ones around as it seems).

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:
WiiPower said:

It would only work with the rebooter then. Are you able to boot NTSC games with only NTSC video modes with the rebooter at all? I guess not. You need that to work first. I don't like to say it, but the alternative would be softmii with cioscorp and the CORRECT region free hacks (there are lots of broken ones around as it seems).
I can boot NTSC games to the disc channel using the reboot with hooks method but the colours are red and black through my RGB lead so if i had softmii with cioscorp installed would i only be able to run the games in NTSC and not forced to Pal?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's a slight chance cioscorp solves your problem, as it soves both IOS Version patching and the 002 error with true 1:1 copies. If you get the game to work this way, but in red, you can try video mode patches or forcing the region or whatever, but before getting the game to work at all it doesn't make sense to worry about it.

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about putting on multiboot disc as partition 0 (ie the disc channel will show it) and load ios249 then enable the 002 fix on the options only throwing another idea in the pipeline

WiiMonkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
colinwatson1 said:
Solitaire And Mahjong USA WII-ZRY when playing on D2PRO with starfall disabled it says it needs to update with message

The update screen says that if your console is technically modified it could render it inoperable

this update is the same as NFS UNDERGROUND (IOS55-64-v4633.wad)

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
come to the conclusion that ZRY version that people are getting from torrents is currupt ive tryed all the following in order
GWP-001 and 002 fix implemented (froze on black screen-but showed in disc channel on Gamma reboot with hooks)
IsoPatcher- ios249 patched (froze on black screen-but showed in disc channel on Gamma reboot with hooks)
the only other game like this i had problems with was zoo hospital but got another version and it worked perfect......think i'll wait for another release seems ZRY have a bad rip up. ps ive also tryed forcing NTSC and PAL still the same outcome

WiiMonkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
come to the conclusion that ZRY version that people are getting from torrents is currupt ive tryed all the following in order
GWP-001 and 002 fix implemented (froze on black screen-but showed in disc channel on Gamma reboot with hooks)
IsoPatcher- ios249 patched (froze on black screen-but showed in disc channel on Gamma reboot with hooks)
the only other game like this i had problems with was zoo hospital but got another version and it worked perfect......think i'll wait for another release seems ZRY have a bad rip up. ps ive also tryed forcing NTSC and PAL still the same outcome

It works porfect in my pal machine

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please could you give me details of what your using? i.e Cioscorp or Gamma and have you tinkered with it at all and was it a ZRY download....thankyou

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pm from carl
I installed the following:- (----- heres where i am)

cIOS Installer ------ Wigators Version Got
cIOScorp 1.01 ------- Not installed (bricked wii when formatted after softmii installation)
Custom IOS36 rev 07 ---------- got this installed i think
Custom IOS Downgrader v1.2 ------ went from 3.4 to 3.2
Custom MIOS Installer rev 03 ------ Gamecube installation
dvdx ---- not installed as wasnt needed for gamma
IOS Downgrader v1.0 ------ yes
MenuPatcher 1.1 ----- waninkoko's tool that reset after boot down
Mii Channel ----- Not installed
miospatcher ----- Gamecube Installation
Shop IOS51 ------ installed when downgraded
Starfall ------ installed

And it works on a Pal 3.2E system with no editing to the disc....................(im going to try this now and install Gamma with the 002 fix if i can get it to the error screen thankyou for you pm hope you dont mind me posting it here)

anyone tryed the above

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
how about putting on multiboot disc as partition 0 (ie the disc channel will show it) and load ios249 then enable the 002 fix on the options only throwing another idea in the pipeline
I tried this method and it got rid of the 002 error booting with hooks to the disk channel in gamma but still gave a black screen.I'm now downloading another version that's unscrubbed and if that doesn't work then i'm going to give softmii a try.

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi fiddle what versions are you downloading/downloaded?
i cant find any other the ZRY
and when put on multi disc it worked is this correct? it gets shrunk to 999mb i think let me know you methods and and success as this seems to be a new protection tendy or implimenting to block such backuploaders but since multiboot is so new it would seem there might be different coding involved....hope this helps build a new topic and chart or working non working games

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
hi fiddle what versions are you downloading/downloaded?
I'm nearly finished downloading the one i think you've tried Solitaire_And_Mahjong_USA_WII-ZRY about 93 x 47MB parts and a scrubbed 980MB WS_sam_ntsc from Wiisos

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
and when put on multi disc it worked is this correct? it gets shrunk to 999mb i think let me know you methods and and success as this seems to be a new protection tendy or implimenting to block such backuploaders but since multiboot is so new it would seem there might be different coding involved....hope this helps build a new topic and chart or working non working games
I managed to get it to load in the disc channel but i got a black screen after i tried to load it
20090223-162707.jpg

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok heres the deal you all read my step by step guides on the non working game but tryed in me m8s wii with preloader 2.8 and ciosorps installed and bingo bango works....SO can anyone tell me how to install the cioscorps without preloaders and damaging and changing the system menu so it WONT crash when i format it like i bricked my last wii thankyou

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing Cioscorp now from the softmii web site NO preloader but starfall is installed now from previous encounters i believe i have to use wad manager and replace my system menu before i format my system....ie not rendering another wii a brick....Cioscorps gets the game to run a treat hope these agonising pages help out some folk. oh and i have NO hard mod installed just Gamma HBC and the cioscorp so if anyone wants to tell me how to format system SAFELY please feel FREE

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing Cioscorp now from the softmii web site NO preloader but starfall is installed now from previous encounters i believe i have to use wad manager and replace my system menu before i format my system....ie not rendering another wii a brick....Cioscorps gets the game to run a treat hope these agonising pages help out some folk. oh and i have NO hard mod installed just Gamma HBC and the cioscorp so if anyone wants to tell me how to format system SAFELY please feel FREE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol