Sole developer released Source Code for GBC game Little Mermaid II Pinball Frenzy

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,623
  • Replies 4
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Sole developer for the Gameboy Color game Little Mermaid II Pinball Frenzy released the Source Code on his github page.
He was working at Left Field Productions in Westlake Village from 1998 to 2001, doing Gameboy Color programming.

Co-developed:

Kobe Bryant 3 on 3
Beauty And The Beast: A Boardgame Adventure

Sole developed:

Little Mermaid II Pinball Frenzy
Thrillride Pinball

Source:https://github.com/dashxdr/cgb/tree/master/code

Reactions: Luca91

Luca91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's cool, and having a byte-matching source code of a commercial rom is just awesome (it is a piece of history).

You can check these sources if you are interested in learning some z80-like assembly. Also you can check the gbasm/gblink source code to see how an actual assembler/linker are coded (pretty fun!).

switch port when

Can't wait!!

Sadly these games can't be just ported. Gb/Gbc are powered by a custom z80-like CPU, and most of the games were written in assembly (well, almost all, except some homebrews where C was used instead). Switch is powered by an ARM64 CPU, that have a complete different instruction set. But... You can still emulate them if you want :)

Last edited by Luca91,
Reactions: Deleted User

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thrillride pinball is pretty fantastic on the GBC conversion of it. My daughter had the other and I'm kind of shocked she got rid of it as it's a very very well done table as well, unique too. It's good to see that source out there as it could allow for some high quality 8bit pinball games to be done on the old handheld.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...