Solderless Wiikey2 and D2Pro Question (6x or 3x)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by PartyMon, Jun 16, 2009.

1. PartyMon
    OP

Newcomer PartyMon Member

United States
    I'll start off by saying, when it comes to mods I'm a complete idiot. (My wii has the GC2-D2C (v1) controller)
    That being said I've read enough to know that the new modchips that attach to the dvd drive, only work at 3x, where as the older modchips such as the Wiikey2 and D2Pro both support 6x.

My question was whether the solderless versions of the Wiikey2 and D2Pro would run at 6x or 3x. My assumption is that it would run at 6x seeing how it essentially clamps onto the points instead of being soldered onto them.

But I'm a complete "noob" when it comes to modding so any confirmations would be lovely.
    As for which chip I'm going to go with, I'm not quite certain, I've done enough reading to know they both function basically the same. So any inputs as to that are welcome as well.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: sorry if this specific question has been asked, I tried searching for something similar but couldn't get a clear answer on it.

2. lll

Member lll GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It's at 6x for the Wiiclip chips, same as the soldered ones.

The chips that sit on the DVD drive cable (like Drivekey) are basically doing the same as cIOS and converting the Wii disc read commands (6x) into DVD read commands (3x), although they should have full compatibility.