Hardware Solderless modchips - options?

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just picked up a new Wii and figured I'd chip it right away. I'm told there are solderless modchips available, but I don't know anything about them, aside from the fact that the D2Pro9 can apparently be bought with a clip or something. What are my options as far as solderless modchips go and are they as reliable as regular ones? Thanks in advance!

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wii-clip.com

Pick your choice
wink.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, even solderless modchips still need you to solder some wires... wtf? that's kinda the opposite of solderless... right?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
So, even solderless modchips still need you to solder some wires... wtf? that's kinda the opposite of solderless... right?

Regarding
V1 for D2Ckey, V2 for ARGON, V2B ARGON-9, V3 for WIIKEY, V4 for D2Pro, V4C D2Pro-9, V5 for WASABI, V6 D2CPro-21, V7B INFECTUS, pin-clip, V8 For D2LITE and V9 for WIITOP in some stores you buy them already soldered. Solderless by wii-clip's terms is not soldered to the wii mobo.
wink.gif

But these are still great because you don't damage your wii and nintendo won't see you installed a modchip.

But the free-clip and the open clip are 100% solderless.

The reminds me i still need to invest in a mod chip
tongue.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was just reading on Wii-Clip.com, and you still have to solder wires on the Wii motherboard...

I know that solderless means you still have to solder it to a holder... that's not what I meant, sorry for the confusion...

After placing the chip in the holder (via solder), you still have to solder wires to various contacts on the Wii Motherboard.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
I was just reading on Wii-Clip.com, and you still have to solder wires on the Wii motherboard...

I know that solderless means you still have to solder it to a holder... that's not what I meant, sorry for the confusion...

After placing the chip in the holder (via solder), you still have to solder wires to various contacts on the Wii Motherboard.

I don't think you do. Where did you get that info?

alanchiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:

Depends on the chip you get.
A D2CKey for example would be totally solderless, as would the Wiikey one.
The wasabi on a clip would still need a couple of wires soldered to the board.

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, this info has been rather useful, thanks! I'm a total novice so that D2Pro9, with it's wholw ONE solder required, might be too much for me, heh. We'll see how it goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr