Solderless D2Pro ModChip for D2C2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by its_me_mario, Jun 19, 2008.

Jun 19, 2008
  1. its_me_mario
    OP

Newcomer its_me_mario Member

Netherlands
    Does someone have bought and tested the brand new D2Pro ModChip Solderless? It is said that the brand new D2Pro works perfectly on the latest Wii D2C2 chip set. I am planning to buy me a new Nintendo Wii (PAL) and want to know what things do I have to know more about handy utilities and programs like wiibrickblocker, regionfrii etc.

I don't want to brick my Nintendo Wii the first time! So please give me a helping hand so I can learn more [​IMG]

2. alanchiz

Newcomer alanchiz Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Bear in mind that that chip and clip combo may still need a wire soldered: Clicky
    As for bricking, just do a bit of research on games before you put them in the wii. Brickblocker and Regionfree are pretty easy to use too.

3. its_me_mario
    OP

Newcomer its_me_mario Member

Netherlands
    Yes your are right mate, but all 9-points have been soldered for these clip / chip combo follow this link to find out for yourself.

4. alanchiz

Newcomer alanchiz Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    More info, including pics in the original link I posted.
    They say its unlikely, but be warned.

5. fabulo

Newcomer fabulo Advanced Member

United States
  6. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    volumerate has good prices...but they charge $20+ shipping. if you buy a couple things from them it's usually still a good deal, but make sure to take that into account

7. tatumanu

Member tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    You can buy the d2pro 9 already soldered to the wii clip, and it work pretty well...BUT... if you want a region free wii you have to solder one wire.
    As for me i didnt solder the extra wire cause i dont have the tools to do that and with geckOS you can boot games from other regions anyway.