Hardware Solderless D2Pro ModChip for D2C2

its_me_mario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does someone have bought and tested the brand new D2Pro ModChip Solderless? It is said that the brand new D2Pro works perfectly on the latest Wii D2C2 chip set. I am planning to buy me a new Nintendo Wii (PAL) and want to know what things do I have to know more about handy utilities and programs like wiibrickblocker, regionfrii etc.

I don't want to brick my Nintendo Wii the first time! So please give me a helping hand so I can learn more
wink2.gif

alanchiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bear in mind that that chip and clip combo may still need a wire soldered: Clicky
As for bricking, just do a bit of research on games before you put them in the wii. Brickblocker and Regionfree are pretty easy to use too.

alanchiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its_me_mario said:
alanchiz said:
Bear in mind that that chip and clip combo may still need a wire soldered: Clicky

Yes your are right mate, but all 9-points have been soldered for these clip / chip combo follow this link to find out for yourself.

Yup, but take special note of this part
Also note that this package comes with a single wire, this wire is used if the chip does not work right away in your console. From first reports no one has had to use this wire yet, but the Wii Clip team must have seen one or two consoles that needed it. As we said, so far none of the consoles we have seen have needed this wire connected and were a 100% solderless solution, but you need to bare in mind that if this chip does not work right away you should un-bridge clock point on the Clip and solder the J wire directly from the chip to the board as they have it listed in the wii clip diagram. We really don’t think any of you will have to do this, but though it better to inform you of it now just in case it does happen so you will know what to do.

More info, including pics in the original link I posted.
They say its unlikely, but be warned.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fabulo said:
you mean this one: http://www.volumerate.com/details.vr/sku.60226

i want to buy this for my d2c2, but anyone test this? seems the price is not bad. cheaper for most sites.

volumerate has good prices...but they charge $20+ shipping. if you buy a couple things from them it's usually still a good deal, but make sure to take that into account

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can buy the d2pro 9 already soldered to the wii clip, and it work pretty well...BUT... if you want a region free wii you have to solder one wire.
As for me i didnt solder the extra wire cause i dont have the tools to do that and with geckOS you can boot games from other regions anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte