Soldering help. (Glitch Chip.)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Devin, Nov 4, 2011.

Nov 4, 2011

Soldering help. (Glitch Chip.) by Devin at 2:22 AM (1,027 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Devin
    OP

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    I've recently bought a Xbox 360 Falcon. I was wondering if I'd be all set, with the following to install the X360 Glitchip.
    Rosin Core Solder

X360 Glitchip

USB SPI NAND Tool

And of course my soldering iron, my question is can I RGH the Xbox 360 using the above tools? I also need some help on finding the right kind of wiring, to connect the X360 Glitchip to the Xbox 360. ^_^ Thanks. (I've only got $7's in my Paypal, and I still have to buy the Solder listed above. So cheap wiring is good.)

2. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    i've been facing the same questions. if you find any good info, please share it, if possible pm me a link. the info has got to be out there, but i don't think many people are going nuts over the RGH. i would love to do this, but i do not have the money to buy the parts :(

i was thinking of going with TX products, the NAND-X looks like its really simple and very handy. i was going to get the nand-x and tx coolrunner. its like $65 total from one of the sites i seen, i think it was xconsoles but not sure.

3. Devin
    OP

United States
    Aha. Yeah I was going to go the NAND-X route, but I only had $97's and the cost of the Xbox set me back a bit. I decided to go a USB solderless NAND reader/writer to save me the hassle of more soldering, and a cheap little glitchip. ^_^ Now waiting for everything to ship here. I still have to buy the solder, and wires and I'll be set.

4. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Where you getting the glitch chip from?, most places they are not programmed, dealextreme was selling some pre-programmed, but they seem to have been removed. So you're going to need to add a programmer for the glitch chip or make one.

Not got around to doing a glitch yet, but I'd get some awg 26 and some 30. 30 for the smaller points, 26 for pwr, gnd and any larger points.

Nand reader, looking at the picture, the solderless method seems to just push down on the pads, I'd avoid that, slip and short anything and the spi port will die, so no more easy nand dump.

5. Devin
    OP

United States
    I'm buying it from VolumeRate. Deal Extreme still has preflashed chips, but I couldn't find one preflashed for a Falcon so I googled and found a place that sells them.

Nice, just bough a spindle of awg 30 wire as for the NAND reader/writer I plan on being extra careful.

6. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    not to hikack the thread but i plan to do this my self was gonna order the same chip pre flashed off DX for my 256mb jasper console, i heard some people on certain forums say it doesn't
    t work on all jaspers with a certain CB version though with out a donor nand with and older CB.
    doesn't sound to difficult of a work around hardest thing sounds like is dumping and or flashing the nand.
    @ Devin: where did you buy the awg 30 wire at? i need to get some of that my self.

7. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If the jasper has a cb of 6751 then it needs a donor, but it's not really too much of a problem. 6752 doesn't work at all for the moment. 6751 and 6752 seem to be mostly in refurbished consoles.

8. Devin
    OP

United States
    I got it off eBAY. Specifically this one.