OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
A friend of mine went out today to mod his wii,
However the solder guy said that the wiikey he bought was incompatible with the chipset of his wii...
so the guy charged him 60 euros to put a "D2P" (he described it to me as a chip that needed 60 weldings) modchip in it

The wiikey my friend bought was from one of the resellers noted on wiikey.cn so I'm pretty sure it's an original and not a clone.

Has my friend been ripped of or did nintendo change the wii's chip set?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well it's possible. Old configurations of some d2c chips require a lot of wires. 30 of them. so that's one end soldered to the modchip and the other one to the wii. That makes 60

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Endogene said:
A friend of mine went out today to mod his wii,
However the solder guy said that the wiikey he bought was incompatible with the chipset of his wii...
so the guy charged him 60 euros to put a "D2P" (he described it to me as a chip that needed 60 weldings) modchip in it

The wiikey my friend bought was from one of the resellers noted on wiikey.cn so I'm pretty sure it's an original and not a clone.

Has my friend been ripped of or did nintendo change the wii's chip set?

Nintendo changed the chipset a while ago. Your friend probably has a d2C chipset.

Endogene

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
yeah i know 60 aint bad, the d2K it self cost 40 over here, i'll try and ask him when he bought his wii

If i'm not mistaking he has it for about 5 moths now, also he bought his wiikey just a couple of weeks after he bought his wii

edit: Yeah just asked, he bought the wiikey and his wii 5 moths ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol