Gaming Sold a bunch of Wii U games to get a PS4. Anyone feeling same?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Crash Bandicoot is overpraised so in a way it felt like a werehog'd version of it, I love CB but the series never did anything more impressive than what the Mario franchise has done.
That's like saying Mario is overpraised. Crash Bandicoot was a staple of a generation. I'm now Bandicoot fan, but I recognize that the games are great in their own right.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Comparing the original Crash gaems to Mario is silly.

The mainline Mario has always been in the hands of actual great devs. Crash has only been in the hands of actual great devs for three gaems (four including CTR), of which said great devs were still very early in their careers. The fact such a relatively young studio were able to deliver such high quality gaems in an era where devs were struggling with new tech is quite impressive.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well, I agree, in their own right sure.

If Naughty Dog were to make a PS4 platformer then I'd hope for it to be a new IP than Crash Bandicoot because he's done for.

thaminder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol i have to laught :P

i just sold some ps4 games to get a wii u again (already had one and sold it).

the ps4 still doesnt have much games - so you can wait to get a ps4 (possible its cheaper then :P )

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've thought about selling me Wii U, but it would just end up in my collection again next year if I did.
But I am saving up to buy a PS4. Sure there's plenty of Wii U games I am looking forward to playing, but yeah, not enough 3rd party games and I need something to hold me over during the Nintendo dry spells they are putting their users through.

thaminder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the most important thing on a nintendo console is to get a huge collection of exclusive games - the will be on no other console...
at a ps4/one you get some exclusive games - and the rest is EA crap and co....

so the best is to own both consoles

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Xbox One is very interesting to me HOWEVER, it literally has no presence in Japan and that's a huge problem for me. I'm mostly in for the JRPGs, arcade fighters, etc. PS4 is a much safer bet regarding such games, even though otherwise I like the Xbox One better right down to the controller. If/When I get the PS4, I'm leaving the DualShock 4 in the package. A good 3rd party controller from Mad Catz, Hori, whatever is a better choice. (I'm sorry, I just can't stand the DualShock 4. Xbox One controller is SO MUCH more comfortable and I've tried both extensively.)
Don't forget you could use the Xbox one controller or 360 controller on the ps4 if you didn't want to buy 3rd party

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, as long as Nintendo is around doing its own awesome thing on a less powerful machine, I'll always be a 2 console person. Right now its a Wii U and PS3, but soon I'll be upgrading that PS3 to a PS4. Can't imagine selling my Wii U especially with how much I love Smash and Mario Kart 8.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'll be getting a ps4 sometime later so i can pay second son, destiny and kh3. prob the only games i'll play on it unless they start releasing some good rpg for it and not keep releasing them for the gay ass ps3 :glare:

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
i'll be getting a ps4 sometime later so i can pay second son, destiny and kh3. prob the only games i'll play on it unless they start releasing some good rpg for it and not keep releasing them for the gay ass ps3 :glare:

Destiny for online play? I intended to get the game when I'd have a PS4 but the damn game barely has a story to it.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Keep the Wiiu en get the games for cheap.
In my book the WiiU offers great viarity
Pikmin 3~bayonetta and everyting in between.
I own all Wiiu games worth owning.

What sort of games are you into.
I have a PS3 and PS4, but have litterally no games for it.
Also note that PSN isnt free anymore and to enjoy it on the same level as it was on PS3 you have to shell out for the montly subscription.
I recently got a XBX 360, and to my surprise I am enjoying it very much, games go very very cheap second hand.
You might go that route if you havent allready. Visually Wii u and XBOX 360 are comparable, although the Wii u is clearly alot more modern.
Some effect like lighting and tecture res is alot better also loading times and the noise the console makes...

The PS4 controller is the best of all controllers to be honest ( wiiu pro controller eat your heart out! )
The console itself feels very very cheap, the conroller does not.
Also the games are a bit more expensive for PS4, no idea why.
No backward compatibilty for ps3 .
I woul think twice about sellin Wii u, but in the end it's your call.
I think the WiiU's library is the best ATM alongside XBOX 360 and Wii.
Visually you will be hard pressed to see difference between consoles in terms of gfx, to be honest.
allthough I loved Wiiu's modern lighting an texture capabilties.
Bayonetta 2, frequently made me go "WOOOW"!
It's been a looooooooong time a game has made me do that. Even more on a Nintendo console.
Luckely gameplay is still very very good.

Sorry for typos, feeling sick atm...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The PS4's certainly the better console this current-gen for multplatforms but since they're multiplatforms there's no rush to get one.

It's really a shame that Sunset Overdrive's an Xbox One exclusive because it would make the PS4 so much better.
Name some titles?
I'd love to play a "PS4 worthy game" someday, as of now I am not impressed with my purchases....

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
nah i'm not paying for another internet:P
their releasing dlc soon that will extend the story.

Oh thank goodness but honestly, the story shouldn't have been needed to be released as a DLC because it's part of the original story mode!

I wonder who's to blame for this fuck up either Activision or Bungie... probably Activision rushing Bungie to finish developing it asap.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
I have really good PC so I have had PS3 only few years and Wii U under year. It'll still be many years before I even think about PS4.
I can certainly understand your point. If I didn't have PC I may have looked towards PS4 instead of Wii U to begin with, but right now almost every game that is coming to PS4 is coming to PC as well and I don't even need to upgrade my few years old rig to get them working.

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I would keep the Wii U every generation you will likely have to own 2 out of 3 to really get a nice range of games. I mainly use my Wii U to play party games with friends and the X1 to play online. No games are really couch worthy so I have to resort to the Wii U for everything when friends come over. No friends come over to watch me play Destiny or Titanfall online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free