Homebrew Discussion "Software was closed because an error occurred“ Cant install db fighters z. tinfoil

Zakie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i tried to download db fightersz nsp and it keeps crashing on hbg shop.....i even went ahead and deleted hbg shop and used tin foil Nut, same thing happens, i tried to use gold leaf same thing, some of my other games where not installing to but some where. no the sd card is not corrupted and i do have the sig patches.....i dont know what to do and im running out of ideas.

MADokax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
same problem here, dbfz is the only game I have not been able to install since I´m on CFW, I bought it digitally :( but I formated my SD when I started using Atmosphere, And nothing works
HBG : Error
NSP : doesnt work either
:( I dont know what to do T-T

Reactions: Zakie

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Try reinstalling with tinfoil but choose this time “standard crypto” at the top as yes. You probably installed this title before and maybe deleted it but the first time you did it standard crypto was installing as yes and for some reason it causes corruption and whatever you try installing your nsp again with, it will always error when starting the software and the only way around it is by reinstalling the title again as standard crypto yes.

Last edited by Reecey,

FightingPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually HBG shop has been crashing when I try to download various games too. I tried to reinstall things same as you but I get the same results so it’s probably an issue from their side!

So for now do it the old fashioned way and get the NSP online from your PC and move it to your SD Card manually then install with goldleaf or something

Zakie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how did you fix it?
had too turn off my switch and hold both volume buttons then a menu will pop up....once the menu pops up I turn off my switch by holding the power button for 20 seconds.....then I boot into rcm mode ( atmosphere). this issue is caused if u used incognito on ur switch.

Zakie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
had too turn off my switch and hold both volume buttons then a menu will pop up....once the menu pops up I turn off my switch by holding the power button for 20 seconds.....then I boot into rcm mode ( atmosphere). this issue is caused if u used incognito on ur switch.
oops, I forget to mention that when ur holding both volume buttons (- +) don't forget to also hold the power button. ( the menu I'm talking about that will pop up is management mode)

steph9009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this issue is caused if u used incognito on ur switch.

sorry for bumping this after 4 months. i have similar issue on one game only, Pokkén (because i'm newbie i can't link it but you can see it in my profile, it's my only openend thread).

i tried just now your solution, but didn't work for me.. Are you sure it's incognito fault? Could i repair restoring my prod.info?

Do you have the problematic game installed on Emunand (like me), or do you use CFW on Sysnand?
Also, does your FW version coincide on both Sysnand end Emu?

i tried all. i really ran out of ideas..

andiandi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I struggled with this issues for day, when for me, it was just a sys module, ReverseNXRT, that cause some NSPs to crash at launch. Disabling it solve the issue. Maybe it'll help.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for bumping this after 4 months. i have similar issue on one game only, Pokkén (because i'm newbie i can't link it but you can see it in my profile, it's my only openend thread).

i tried just now your solution, but didn't work for me.. Are you sure it's incognito fault? Could i repair restoring my prod.info?

Do you have the problematic game installed on Emunand (like me), or do you use CFW on Sysnand?
Also, does your FW version coincide on both Sysnand end Emu?

i tried all. i really ran out of ideas..
What CFW are you using? And do you have an eMMC backup?

Coolcool4skool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reinstalling with tinfoil but choose this time “standard crypto” at the top as yes. You probably installed this title before and maybe deleted it but the first time you did it standard crypto was installing as yes and for some reason it causes corruption and whatever you try installing your nsp again with, it will always error when starting the software and the only way around it is by reinstalling the title again as standard crypto yes.
I Just saw this and this ended up solving it, I have no clue how this worked but thank you sincerely. (Yes I made an account just to thank you.)

cowkiller04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I Just saw this and this ended up solving it, I have no clue how this worked but thank you sincerely. (Yes I made an account just to thank you.)
If I use this method Can I still downlod DLC and Updates? And if I install the updates and DLC should I "yes" the crypto too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.