Software to capture gameplay from SNES..etc. from old tv capture card

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,

I am looking for software that captures and record gameplay from old consoles. Software from producer of card have problem with capturing sound on diferent PAL modes. For example standard PAL, and for example PAL-N captures only sound... but not visuals, but PAL-60 captures visuals without sound - but I am getting visuals from NTSC mode. I am currently using Retro-Bit Retro Duo Portable it accepts NES and NES cartridges. I wanna record some gameplays but without good results. Maybe in the future i will get Elgato stuff, but not right now.

Capturing from VLC works good without any problems, but I do not know how save settings for TV card to use it without messing with setting options every time I open program. Results are good but I must everytime set capture device... resolution (there is no list to choice resolution) by hand everytime, latency, and few other things.

Problem with tv card capture program have problem with every PAL cart that I have... same is with everdrive card (SD2SNES).

So I am looking for good program to capture everything, or method how to save VLC settings to easy use it without messing with settings.

Thanks for any kind of help!

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I always liked virtualdub's capture mode.
http://www.virtualdub.org/docs_capture.html
Indeed it is probably what spoiled me so I can't get along with simplistic "gamer" devices now.

Tested, but it probably it is only good to capture analog tv, because only related to tuner, no option to set it to composite/component/svideo inputs that my card have :(

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had it for the various things I have done over the years -- pretty much all my pictures in my PS3 reviews I made using such things. Was somewhere down the bottom of a dropdown menu two or three in from the left in capture mode if memory serves, though might have also been in a secondary one.

If not then might want to look at the drivers -- standard bundled windows ones are sometimes a bit suspect here.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Amcap (by Noel Danjou, not to be confused with Microsoft's freeware of the same name bundled with most mid 2000s webcams on which the former is based) explicitly claims support for TV tuner combos, may be worth a look...

Reactions: wiewiec

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tested apps sugested by all of you, but only VLC properly work... but only problem is with recording... options provided by vlc not show source that is recorded (checked proper box). Only standard option to record works, but I do not know how to change codec etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs