OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to softmod a Wii in such a way that when the system is shut off it's not modded anymore? I want to play some new games, but we're tight on money so I can't buy anything, and if I permanently hack the Wii I'll be banned from playing on the 360, so I'm limited to mods that go away when the system's shut off or mods that are stored on a flash drive and go away when the flash drive's not in.... And I know the second's not possible.

And, on the subject of easy ways, if there IS an easy way to do such a thing, what about for the channels I'd need to boot games?

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You would be able to hack the Wii in a way that nothing looks different, but unless you actually reverse everything every time, there isn't a simple way.

You have a couple of options this way though. If you can install BootMii as boot2, you could use SNEEK or something, then it could do it's thing if the prepared SD card was present.

The other option would be to use Bannerbomb or something to be able to run all your hack programs, but not install HBC. Once you install a cIOS, then you could have bannerbomb launch a USB loader, or a backup launcher or something.

After all that, nothing would look different to the untrained eye (I assume parental eye), and all you would need would be an SD card with the files you want on it, and you would just have to insert the card when you wanted to use backups.

Just an idea, but I know it's not *exactly* what you were wanting.

Hope that helps.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
You would be able to hack the Wii in a way that nothing looks different, but unless you actually reverse everything every time, there isn't a simple way.

You have a couple of options this way though. If you can install BootMii as boot2, you could use SNEEK or something, then it could do it's thing if the prepared SD card was present.

The other option would be to use Bannerbomb or something to be able to run all your hack programs, but not install HBC. Once you install a cIOS, then you could have bannerbomb launch a USB loader, or a backup launcher or something.

After all that, nothing would look different to the untrained eye (I assume parental eye), and all you would need would be an SD card with the files you want on it, and you would just have to insert the card when you wanted to use backups.

Just an idea, but I know it's not *exactly* what you were wanting.

Hope that helps.
Hmm... My sister would know, though.

We use the only SD card in the house to hold most of our Wiiware and virtual console games, so we can't use an SD Card...
tongue.gif

Bannerbomb sounds promising though... If only it could be enabled just by a flash drive being hooked in, and not have to install any channels or anything.
tongue.gif
(From my understanding on the WiiBrew page, it needs channels installed)

If I install any channels, my sis will tell my parents (She ALWAYS knows. I don't know how.), and I will be banned from 360 usage.... Though maybe if I bribed her with gaems she wants......
tongue.gif
(My parents wouldn't know unless my sister told them, so it'd be okay then.)

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, Bannerbomb runs a boot.dol off the root of the card, so if you put the app you want on it, you can use Bannerbomb to run it without installing any channels, even the HBC, but you can only use one app at a time. Also, if your family is regularly using the card for VC/WW games you'll need to make sure you remove Bannerbomb from the card every time you finish using it. It would be annoying, but you'd probably be able to use Bannerbomb to install your cIOSes, then run a USB loader. You'd probably be fine with leaving wad or configuration files on the card, if it stays in the Wii most of the time anyway, but like I said, if the card is constantly used to run downloaded games, you'd better not leave Bannerbomb on it when you're done.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhh... Okay. So going to the SD Card menu from the Wii Menu doesn't bring up the yes or no? And if I eject the card and put it back in, bannerbomb will be gone? My sis wants the SD Card in the Wii at all (or most) times so we don't lose it, and I feel too lazy to take bannerbomb off the sd card when I'm done with it.

EDIT: What about Wiiware and Virtual Console games? What if I want to get those, as well as GCN and Wii games? Also, it's from my understanding that you need two separate flash drives for GCN and Wii games....
tongue.gif

PeregrinFig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, you'll get the yes/no menu as long as bannerbomb is in the card, and you'll have to manually remove it from the card when you're done. I don't think there's any way to have it do what you want and just delete itself.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
No, you'll get the yes/no menu as long as bannerbomb is in the card, and you'll have to manually remove it from the card when you're done. I don't think there's any way to have it do what you want and just delete itself.
....So if you go to system setup for the SD Card, that's obviously gonna bring up the yes/no, but even from clicking the SD card button to switch your regular Home Menu to the SD Card menu? Wow. I guess I'll just have to tell my sister to click No, then...
tongue.gif
She'll know it's a Wii hack, then, but she'll probably be okay with it being more or less temporary....
tongue.gif
Especially if I get her Tales of Graces and some other BS. LOL

I also re-ask this:

QUOTE(Inunah @ Sep 2 2010, 12:26 PM) EDIT: What about Wiiware and Virtual Console games? What if I want to get those, as well as GCN and Wii games? Also, it's from my understanding that you need two separate flash drives for GCN and Wii games....
tongue.gif

PeregrinFig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now I believe it's impossible to run GCN games from USB. I keep all my stuff like emulators, random apps, etc. on an SD card, and my external HDD has nothing but Wii games on it. As for VC/WW games, you can actually download WADs and install them directly to the Wii's NAND, but I'm guessing your sister wouldn't be too fond of that idea, sounds like she isn't the biggest fan of piracy.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
Right now I believe it's impossible to run GCN games from USB. I keep all my stuff like emulators, random apps, etc. on an SD card, and my external HDD has nothing but Wii games on it. As for VC/WW games, you can actually download WADs and install them directly to the Wii's NAND, but I'm guessing your sister wouldn't be too fond of that idea, sounds like she isn't the biggest fan of piracy.
She's okay with it, but she just doesn't want the Wii hacked for some reason. She thinks my DS having a flash cart is more than enough.

tongue.gif
Someone I know told me that you can run GCN from a usb.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
Then there's an idea, see if "Hey, we can get those Wii Shop Channel games for free!" will work on her.
yaywii.gif
I've already mentioned that before. She said "NO! You're not downloading anything to the wii!"
....Which fucking sucks, but I'll bribe her with other things so she'll let me do as I wish. If that doesn't work, I'll be sad. I want Cave Story on my wii.
tongue.gif

So this is doable, then... Hmmm...... Now, to find out how to usbload with this...

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
FUCKING DAMNIT, I JUST REMEMBERED THAT I MIGHT HAVE SYSTEM MENU 4.3.

EDIT: I do.... Now I need a softmod like Bannerbomb for 4.3 but there's no link or anything....

EDIT 2: I've looked around, and it says you need Lego Indiana Jones or Super Smash Bros Brawl... I have neither, and no way to rent them....Isn't there a way that requires physically having just an SD Card and a flash drive? I don't trust hacked save files, either.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Inunah said:
TheRevolution1 said:
Well that doesn't tell me a whole lot.
mellow.gif

If you are on 4.3 and your wii is not hacked then you need one of those games.
It doesn't matter how hard you wish.

From your explanation of your circumstances you need to forget hacking your wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: