Hacking SoftModding Wii , Help Please? Guide? Tips?

Neji Hyugga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys. First I have never had a Wii before so I'm looking into buying one because I remember a long time ago my cousin had ones and the games were pretty cool. Going to get one for my siblings to play. How does one go about modding their Wii so you can play games of a USB or SD card. Are there any guides I should look at ?

Would appreciate a guide or a point into the direction of the most updated guide so i can follow along. Thanks I appreciate the help.

I was looking at prices on ebay and a system goes for around $100. Probably going to get an older model since that seems more compatible.

Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
why my name appears on the first post from someone who just registered ? :rolleyes:

Quick steps:
1- install The homebrew Channel
2- Make a NAND backup (always prevent than cry later)
3- Install cIOS to load games using USBLoaders
4- use homebrew

For the first step, you will need to exploit a vulnerability in a game to launch the Homebrew channel installer.
there are few games you could use (you can find a list in the WiiU FAQ section).
This link is only to provide a list of games because I'm too lazy to find the game exploit page on wiibrew. Do not follow the guide or use the provided files on a Wii, this is for WiiU only.
But the hacking steps are the same.

1-1 : Download hackmii installer and put boot.elf on the root of your SD card
1-2 : choose a game you own from the list on the link above and follow the install procedure (each games use a different install method).
1-3 : play the game and crash it to force the console to reload the boot.elf file, follow the onscreen text to install the homebrew channel and bootmii (as IOS and if you can as Boot2).

2-1 : After HBC is installed, go to HBC and press Home, launch Bootmii and make a NAND backup.
2-2 : keep the NAND backup safe on your computer

3-1 : extract the cIOS installer for Wii on your Sd card, in /apps/d2x cIOS installer/
3-2 : launch the installer on your Homebrew channel
3-3 install this:
What : d2x v8
where : slot249
base : IOS56
version: 21008

and

What : d2x v8
where : slot250
base : IOS57
version: 21008

4- Now use any homebrew you want.

5- For USBLoaders : Use FAT32 partition !
Do not follow old tutorial telling you that you need WBFS partition format.

Edit:
Step6 :
I forgot a step, because I don't use it myself but a lot of users want or need it : Priiloader !

This is a program which will help you if you brick your console. it's not 100% brick proof but I guess it's better than nothing.
Only bootmii as Boot2 is better (99.9% brick protection)

6-1 : Download Another Priiloader installer (from Hacksden forum, look for user JoostinOnline on gbatemp, he is the one updating this installer)
6-2 : install priiloader (launch from HBC)
6-3 : shut down console. keep reset button pressed and power the console untill you see priiloader menu.
6-4 : Setup options and hacks to : stop auto update from disc/network/all, Region free all, and things you want.

Reactions: Neji Hyugga

Neji Hyugga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan I saw you were a moderator so you know your stuff lol. I am always on XDA and other forums but never had a Wii. Sou out of my element. So I thought I would contact someone with alot of knowledge on the subject. THANKS

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
why my name appears on the first post from someone who just registered ? :rolleyes:

Maybe its because you are always helping people... and new users has probably seen some of you answers...

By the way, I would like to thank you for the improvements made on Usb loader GX. It is up to date with the most
recent features available on Nintendont and Devolution and you are always actively developing it...

Thank you very much. You deserve our gratitude.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, it wasn't a real question, just a joke to notice even new users know me!
I'm happy to help, and it's fine to ask me.
but there are a lot of other users who can help too, and there are also a lot of other threads with the same question and answers.
I'm a little repeating myself every time :lol:

I didn't detail the steps, I hope you will understand and find what you need for each one.

dark:
I'm up to date with gamecube loaders, but not with Channel loading (neek2o) and other little stuff like Plugins.
I also have idea for future design modification, but I don't know when I'll have time. Badablek is always providing a new patch of the "preview design" :P
Thanks to Badablek too.

Reactions: darkseekerliu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol