Hacking Softmodding new method?

gamermo1e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all about 2 years ago i successfully softmodded my wii. thanks to your help. My wii plays both games from disk and usb harddrive. The problem is is that i forgotten how i did it fully and i need to do it for another wii that will only need to read games from a disk and the wii wont be connected to wifi.

Im wondering if theres a new easier way to softmod or is it still the age old method of which i used? ive read the sticky on softmodding but im wondering on which method is easiest and most effective?

Thanks in advance

EDIT. the wii software version is 4.3E

gamermo1e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Read the sticky and im wondering. as i only have one sd card with enough space on it after modding the second wii. will i still need to keep the sd card i n it? as i need that card for my first wii

gamermo1e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
riposte said:
only if you're loading applications from it. you also run applications via usb

Hmm ive only got a spare sd card that is 256mb. anychance i can use my 2gb sd card for the mod and then insert the 256mb sd card and use that to run copied games from a disk? im wondering after the 4.3E letterbomb softmod what files need to be on the sd card to run disks?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
gamermo1e said:
Hmm ive only got a spare sd card that is 256mb. anychance i can use my 2gb sd card for the mod and then insert the 256mb sd card and use that to run copied games from a disk? im wondering after the 4.3E letterbomb softmod what files need to be on the sd card to run disks?

Yes you can do that. You only need the loader like Neogamma on the SD cvard when the softmod is done. You can even install it as a channel so you don't need a sd card at all but I think a SD card is recommended so Neogamma can save its settings. Anyway 256 MB is enough for that.

But I wonder how old the Wii is since you say it's on 4.3 and not connected to internet. If it is a new Wii chances are it can't read burned disks...

gamermo1e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
petspeed said:
gamermo1e said:

Yes you can do that. You only need the loader like Neogamma on the SD cvard when the softmod is done. You can even install it as a channel so you don't need a sd card at all but I think a SD card is recommended so Neogamma can save its settings. Anyway 256 MB is enough for that.

But I wonder how old the Wii is since you say it's on 4.3 and not connected to internet. If it is a new Wii chances are it can't read burned disks...

Well its a white wii and i think its an early model. the owner said that a game asked him to update so i think that thats where the 4.3 version came from?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t304514-introducing-let...ess-wii-exploit
Use Letterbomb, then use Modmii.
smile.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126

gamermo1e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
gamermo1e said:
serial starts with LEH1762
Why didn't you give me the full number?

No reason just i thought only the start was needed?

anyway ive softmodded the wii but i need to go into homebrew channel to run neogamma. how can i create a neogamma channel on the main menu as its not in the sticky?

gamermo1e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much for your help all. i decided to opt for uloader since thats what i use on my wii also.
biggrin.gif
and again thank you all very much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay