Gaming softmodding an xbox elite; risk and procedure

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello. i have an xbox 360 elite with a zephyr chipset.

id like to know if soft modding is available for it, without opening it, and if its alright for someone with no experiance to do.

Id also like to know how it works with xbox live, as ive heard diffrent things.

Your screwed and will get banned

Some iso's are stealthed(dubteeeff is that)

softmod is 100% undetectable when running a real copy of a game.

if anyone could shine some light, id be much appreicative.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
hello. i have an xbox 360 elite with a zephyr chipset.

id like to know if soft modding is available for it, without opening it, and if its alright for someone with no experiance to do.

Id also like to know how it works with xbox live, as ive heard diffrent things.

Your screwed and will get banned

Some iso's are stealthed(dubteeeff is that)

softmod is 100% undetectable when running a real copy of a game.

if anyone could shine some light, id be much appreicative.

What drive do you have? Check here. Just open the tray and compare. All can be flashed except one type of hitatchi which requires extra work which I don't know about.

As long as you are running ixtreme 1.4 or higher you SHOULD not be banned as long as your games are patched properly (scene release are already done out of the rars).

Yes, true.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The extra work on the hitachi is just fitting a passkey to it. 9 or so wires , then it flashes like any other drive
smile.gif

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It appears i have a hitachi.

I'm sorry to keep annoying everyone with questions so dont awnser them if they are painfully newb-tarded

Im paranoid of shorting any of my consoles when i open them, so i just dont :x, i have a good installation guy who handles that shit for me (He did my d2ckey total installation in around 25 minuits, while talking to me and pointing things out)

How retard-friendly is updating the firmware? will it require the console to be opened every time?

Is there another way to update? perhaps via dvd or by running a patch on the hacked xbox firmware from a usb harddrive (not sure if its possible to run .exe's on a modified 360 so excuse this is this is fool's blabber)

Ive also heard of adding SATA ports, but i guess that kills the stealthiness if i ever need to get it repair'd.

What are you guys opinions? should newbs like me just keep our buisnesse outta 360 modding?

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Check your local craigslist. You may find someone in your area who will flash it for you for a small fee. Just make sure they know how to keep the warranty sticker intact.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you need to update your firmware then you will need to open your console up and connect it to your PC.

BTW there is nothing to stop Microsoft from adding additional areas to games and if those additional areas are not ripped by the scene releasers then you could get banned from LIVE by playing those releases on your console.
People have been stating that firmware hacking is safe since iXtreme was released, but there is a good reason the firmware is now version 1.4.

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but that only applies to online games, correct?

So i could in theory remove the internet connection, and single player games would be fine?

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but would it be possible for microsoft to see that your running modified firmware, even if you are playing a legit game?

Or is that unknown

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
but would it be possible for microsoft to see that your running modified firmware, even if you are playing a legit game?

Or is that unknown

You should be fine to do that, Microsoft can't detect the firmware itself at this stage, they can detect if you are playing a game that doesn't match 1:1 with an original game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0