Softmodded with Splinter Cell Pal Game, Can i play Splinter Cell now or will it destroy my Softmod

Buffdaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, loving my Softmodded Xbox which I got sorted through help from you guys on here, but haven't been able to get an answer on this question....

Can I install and play the original Splinter Cell game which I used for the exploit, will saving the game overwrite the softmod save exploit and thus stop the softmod functionality

Wanted to check before I try as I have a hdd with a couple hundred games now which I don't want to lose ability to play through softmod damage..

Cheers

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd honestly say grab the US version of the game and play that.
Keeping the hacked save on the xbox as an extra safety net isn't a bad plan.

But yes, you can delete the hacked save if you really want to play the game.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Buffdaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again Dinoh, so I assume if I use the NTSC version that will create a separate save from the Pal game save, so in theory the softmod save will not be touched..

I have a Splinter Cell hdd version I have downloaded, is there a way I can see if it is NTSC before adding to my xbox through ftp ?

Buffdaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its in Folder format, I will check in Qwix, and let you know how I got on mate

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, I tried finding info in qwix but no joy, The file size of the Splinter Cell download is 2.74GB, but it doesn't state Pal or NTSC, If I ftp it to the xbox the check with Qwix without playing the game that should not create any save file if I haven't played it right?

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
iirc, Splintercell was a loadable save...
If the game loads and the save load doesn't show anything, it's NTSC.
If it shows the hacked save, it's a PAL one.

I think hitting select on the game when in UnleashX should pop up some info about it.
No clue if it also says the region.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could transform it back into an ISO with Qwix but it's kinda redundant haha.
Just load it up and see, as long as you don't overwrite the same or w/e it should be fine.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just play the PAL version without issues. The game won't touch anything softmod related - the savegame is just to trigger the exploit and load the installer for the softmod.
As long as you don't load the "Linux" savegame, you won't be able to change anything softmod related.

Reactions: DinohScene

Buffdaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can just play the PAL version without issues. The game won't touch anything softmod related - the savegame is just to trigger the exploit and load the installer for the softmod.
As long as you don't load the "Linux" savegame, you won't be able to change anything softmod related.

This is what I was hoping to be able to do, thankyou

Ok, ive Ftp'd game to Xbox Hdd and now can see in Qwix the version is NTSC, my exploit was Pal as im in UK, so am I right in thinking this will create a separate save for this version, I assume Pal and NTSC versions would have different save files?

Ok update, on xbox scrolling through games in UnleashX I have found the picture icon for the game is a white square with XBOX Softmodding Tool in it, so now I am not sure this is ok, can anyone confirm this is ok and I am not going to F*** Up my softmod?

Last edited by Buffdaddy,

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I was hoping to be able to do, thankyou

Ok, ive Ftp'd game to Xbox Hdd and now can see in Qwix the version is NTSC, my exploit was Pal as im in UK, so am I right in thinking this will create a separate save for this version, I assume Pal and NTSC versions would have different save files?

Ok update, on xbox scrolling through games in UnleashX I have found the picture icon for the game is a white square with XBOX Softmodding Tool in it, so now I am not sure this is ok, can anyone confirm this is ok and I am not going to F*** Up my softmod?

It's not the game you see, you are looking at the softmod installer.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you were desperate to play that game, you can easily get it for £4.29 on Steam. Nowadays any potato of a PC or Windows tablet could run this better than an Xbox would. :rofl2:

I just got Pandora Tomorrow recently as a means to hack my Gamecube and I sure as heck wouldn't actually play it on the console. ^_^

That being said, your question is still interesting from a theoretical perspective.

Last edited by Axido,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on your mod, but I'm 98% sure you can go ahead and delete the save exploit.

Sure, if you wanted to you could have it set up where every time you turned on your xbox it would act like it was 100% stock, and then whenever you wanted to use homebrew you could load up your splinter cell exploit to access it. But nobody does that, in most cases they just use the exploit to run a softmod installer that sets up a more permanent exploit.

Does your Xbox boot directly to Evolution-X, Unleash-X, XBMC4Xbox, or some other dashboard? If so you can delete the save and play your game, you're fine.

In the unlikely case that your Xbox boots stock and you have to boot Splinter Cell every time you want to access homebrew, then you shouldn't delete your save. But at that point you should really think about upgrading your exploit.

Also, if you're not using a v1.6 motherboard, you should consider doing a TSOP flash. This allows you to swap the hard drive without worrying about drive locking, and if your old hard drive dies it could be a life saver. Also if you don't have a 1.6 motherboard be sure to pull off your clock capacitor, otherwise you'll eventually have a brick. More info here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/clock_capacitor

Reactions: MrCokeacola

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So are you saying once its softmodded the save exploit can be removed from console and is not needed?

Hi yes once your in and you have setup evox or whatever dashboard you want xbmc etc and it is up and running , you can remove the softmod save file that you used to gain access in the first place

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can remove the save games for the softmod installer, but leave the actual softmod save on the Xbox as this is used as NKPatcher Settings and allows you to change thing regarding the softmod. (The save game files are not 100% required as you can hold Start+Y on boot to load a recovery dashboard)

note: you can just make a new profile with splinter cell so you would have the Linux and your other profile on the same menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: