Hacking Softmodded wii wont load GC games from USB with any loader

ilovemymac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I soft modded my wii and i have d2x V7 running and DIos MIOS my drive is formated to Fat 32 with 32K Clusters.
I have installed HBC, wiiflow, usb loader gx and CFG loader.

None will even play my wii games from the HDD without freezing except USB GX. I cant get any to launch GC games from my drive.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled wiiflow and GX several times just in case there was a corrpution somehow.
My drive is listed on the DIOS MIOS compatibility so thats not the issue.

I have tried everything that i can think of and im here hoping someone has had an issue and can tell me what i can do to fix it.
Wii flow i have tried from 4.1 and 4.03 i think and r238 and none work. I did have wiiflow running my Wii games and i ran a syscheck and some of my ios were out of date so updated everything. Still cant run GC games like everyone says i should and now wii games only work on GX.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update your d2x to at least a v10 beta (make sure it is the normal wii version)
reinstall the latest DIOS MIOS .wad file
USB Loader GX needs to be on the latest r12XX version (or what ever the newest revision is)
plug your usb drive into the nearest port to the edge of the console
make sure your games are in a folder called games Example X:/games/113Eo5/game.iso
run your iso files through DiscEX (found on the DIOS MIOS download page) before you try to run any games
Why your wii games only work on GX now, I have no idea.

ilovemymac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will try D2x 10. Had tried all the way to 9 beta and wii games quit working.
USB loader is on r1209 which i believe is latest
USB is plugged into the bottom port or the one closest to the edge
yes games are in a folder games with Disc ex putting them in each a folder with the game in that folder

ilovemymac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i just was re reading a page somewhere with usb HDD compatibility with the GC games and i have a maxtor one touch III 320Gb i was reading the compatibility with wii and thought it was GC. Guess i should not be reading at 1am. But i have no idea if the site was correct or when it was last updated either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: