Softmodded Wii:Games from SD card, 4.0u

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kleiner, Jun 16, 2009.

Jun 16, 2009
  1. Kleiner
    OP

Newcomer Kleiner Member

United States
    So, here I am with another question, one i haven't really seen any information pertaining to.

I'm running a 4.0u wii, softmodded through the Bannerbomb hack, and i have a question.

Included with 4.0, the SD card can now be used to load WiiWare games and Virtual console games directly from the SD card. However, with the bannerbomb hack on the SD card, it's not possible for games to be loaded in this way (as far as I can tell. loading the SD card from the data management option tries to boot Bannerbomb, and loading it from the shortcut on the system Menu crashes the Wii)

My question is, can Bannerbomb be removed from the SD card after the hacking is all done? (Homebrew channel and everything is installed and all that good stuff) If it can, will the SD card menu work for loading games?

I would just test this myself but i currently have no way to recover my Wii from a brick, as i don't have a large enough SD card to dump the NAND files from BootMii (getting one in a few days), and removing the hack from the card seems like it could.. cause issues.