Tutorial  Updated

How to get Magearna in Pokémon Sun & Moon

These steps aren't needed on the Japanese 3DS.
It doesn't work on the O3DS in Hans, because it runs in extended memory mode, so it reboots, it works with Luma, though.
If you get "You can't use this until you become the champion.", then wait until you beated the Elite 4, and finished the main game, then do the steps again.

Added my Magearna pk7 in a .zip for the people who don't get it working by this tutorial, please set OT + ID to your own, it still has the bottlecap.

Here is a tutorial how to get Magearna legitly, through Hans, or Luma locales spoofer, or PkHeX

Method 1:
1. Open up Homebrew launcher loader on your CFW on your New 3DS/New 3DS XL
2. Open up Hans, select Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon.
3. Select Japan, and 804 MHz
4. Launch the game.
5. Open the menu by X, and select this option:
KfXzgZ9h.jpg

6. Scan this QR:
FKVPh9K.jpg

7. Pick it up, at the mall in Hau'oli city, at the antic shop there.
8. Profit

Method 2:
1. Launch Luma settings by pressing start at boot (A9LH).
2. Enable the region/language emulation and external .code
3. Create a folder named locales inside SDRoot\luma where SDRoot the location of your SD is.
4. Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name, for Sun use: 0004000000164800
For moon use: 0004000000175E00

So for moon it's: 0004000000175E00.txt
And for sun it is: 0004000000164800.txt
5. Edit the file, and enter JPN for the region, an space, after that enter 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO") (without the quotation marks).
6. Save by selecting start.
7. Launch the game.
8. Open the menu by X, and select this option:
KfXzgZ9h.jpg

9. Scan this QR:
FKVPh9K.jpg

10. Pick it up, at the mall in Hau'oli city, at the antic shop there.
11. Profit
12. After using this, change region back to your own by editing JPN, in the text file to USA, EUR, CHN, AUS, KOR, or TWN.

Don't use method 3, unless you finished the game!!!
Method 3:
1. Extract your save using JKSM or any other savegame extractor
2. Use FTP or put your SD out of your 3DS, and copy the SDROOT\JKSM\Saves\Pokemon_moon\save_dir_name or SDROOT\JKSM\Saves\Pokemon_sun\save_dir_name to your PC, where SDROOT the letter of your SD is, and save_dir_name the name of the save directory is.
For Save data filer copy the folder with the title id of the game in the directory of Save data Filer, to your PC.
3. Make a backup of the directory.
4. Open PkHeX sun & moon, goto the Event flag editor, and enable the flag "Magearna event active". See the picture here (pic by: @tomx86)
upload_2016-11-14_1-50-33-png.68783

5. Export to main
6. Copy the folder back to your SD. (Back to the save game extractor folder, posted earlier).
7. Re-import the save.
8. Open the game, and go to the antiques store in Hau'oli city, in the mall.
9. Get Magearna.
10. Profit

Proof:

KSC78zT.jpg
VOQhSLs.jpg

SHlgqQm.jpg
[/spoilers]

Kind regards,
Procyon

Attachments

• 801 - Magearna - BFDE5A57881E.pk7.zip
    293 bytes · Views: 1,539
Last edited by raulpica,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I think that's a lot better, no need to specify which hack or CFW you use in the title. it's explicit and easy to understand what this thread is about.
if that's fine for you, I'll use that title.

Maybe just an information that you need a hacking tool? it can't be done on the retail version.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
OP
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah, I think that's a lot better, no need to specify which hack or CFW you use in the title. it's explicit and easy to understand what this thread is about.
if that's fine for you, I'll use that title.

Maybe just an information that you need a hacking tool? it can't be done on the retail version.

Yes, will think about that now. How about: [Softmodded 3DS only] How to get Magearna in Pokémon Sun & Moon

Last edited by Procyon,

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, just to be clear:
luma change the game region even if you disable in the luma menù the emulation, right?
To completely revert it back, you have to change it to 'EUR', enter the game, save and THEN you can switch it off again in the luma menù, right?

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
OP
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
From serebii.net: It also confirms that the Magearna QR Code will be distributed in Europe from December 6th inside the Pokémon TV app for smartphones and tablets.

If you don't got a softmodded 3DS, then I would say, if you're in Europe, wait a while.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I guess we got conflicting titles change due to thread report and direct notify. another mod probably changed it to what you requested in a previous report.
I'll change it again.

D

Deleted-19228

Technically the 3DS doesn't need to be modded at all if it's a JP 3DS. Have to say I'm surprised this was even allowed in JP without some sort of event having to have been gone to. Has no one been able to generate one for the US yet?

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
OP
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Technically the 3DS doesn't need to be modded at all if it's a JP 3DS. Have to say I'm surprised this was even allowed in JP without some sort of event having to have been gone to. Has no one been able to generate one for the US yet?

not yet, but read the OP. You skipped the part where I stated about Japan

D

Deleted-19228

not yet, but read the OP. You skipped the part where I stated about Japan
No, I read it. Just referring to the debate with topic changes. Topic indicates that it needs to be modded but it doesn't if JP. If someone just read the title they would think their JP system needs mods.

Bella Lawrence

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to receive the Magearna event WITHOUT scanning the QR, go to your Event flag editor, make sure "Magearna Event Active" is set, then save.

Gift is available for pickup in the haoli shopping center.

If you want to re-receive the gift after you've gotten it, unset the "Received Magearna Gift" flag.
Where do you find the Event Flag editor on PKHex exactly?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

These steps aren't needed on the Japanese 3DS.
It doesn't work on the O3DS in Hans, because it runs in extended memory mode, so it reboots, it works with Luma, though.
If you get "You can't use this until you become the champion.", then wait until you beated the Elite 4, and finished the main game, then do the steps again.

Added my Magearna pk7 in a .zip for the people who don't get it working by this tutorial, please set OT + ID to your own, it still has the bottlecap.

Here is a tutorial how to get Magearna legitly, through Hans, or Luma locales spoofer, or PkHeX

Method 1:
1. Open up Homebrew launcher loader on your CFW on your New 3DS/New 3DS XL
2. Open up Hans, select Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon.
3. Select Japan, and 804 MHz
4. Launch the game.
5. Open the menu by X, and select this option:
KfXzgZ9h.jpg

6. Scan this QR:
FKVPh9K.jpg

7. Pick it up, at the mall in Hau'oli city, at the antic shop there.
8. Profit

Method 2:
1. Launch Luma settings by pressing start at boot (A9LH).
2. Enable the region/language emulation and external .code
3. Create a folder named locales inside SDRoot\luma where SDRoot the location of your SD is.
4. Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name, for Sun use: 0004000000164800
For moon use: 0004000000175E00

So for moon it's: 0004000000175E00.txt
And for sun it is: 0004000000164800.txt
5. Edit the file, and enter JPN for the region, an space, after that enter 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO") (without the quotation marks).
6. Save by selecting start.
7. Launch the game.
8. Open the menu by X, and select this option:
KfXzgZ9h.jpg

9. Scan this QR:
FKVPh9K.jpg

10. Pick it up, at the mall in Hau'oli city, at the antic shop there.
11. Profit
12. After using this, change region back to your own by editing JPN, in the text file to USA, EUR, CHN, AUS, KOR, or TWN.

Don't use method 3, unless you finished the game!!!
Method 3:
1. Extract your save using JKSM or any other savegame extractor
2. Use FTP or put your SD out of your 3DS, and copy the SDROOT\JKSM\Saves\Pokemon_moon\save_dir_name or SDROOT\JKSM\Saves\Pokemon_sun\save_dir_name to your PC, where SDROOT the letter of your SD is, and save_dir_name the name of the save directory is.
For Save data filer copy the folder with the title id of the game in the directory of Save data Filer, to your PC.
3. Make a backup of the directory.
4. Open PkHeX sun & moon, goto the Event flag editor, and enable the flag "Magearna event active". See the picture here (pic by: @tomx86)
upload_2016-11-14_1-50-33-png.68783

5. Export to main
6. Copy the folder back to your SD. (Back to the save game extractor folder, posted earlier).
7. Re-import the save.
8. Open the game, and go to the antiques store in Hau'oli city, in the mall.
9. Get Magearna.
10. Profit

Proof:

KSC78zT.jpg
VOQhSLs.jpg

SHlgqQm.jpg
[/spoilers]

Kind regards,
Procyon
Where exactly do you find the event flag checker on PKHex

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
So i just completed the P. League and wanted my Magearne. I didnt know there was a Shopping Center in Hauoli. I went there looking for my Magearne and found a Cloth Store (One of the 2 ladys gave me a Gracidea). Now im poor because that fucking store was incredibly expensive, but i look fabulous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs