Tutorial  Updated

How to get Magearna in Pokémon Sun & Moon

These steps aren't needed on the Japanese 3DS.
It doesn't work on the O3DS in Hans, because it runs in extended memory mode, so it reboots, it works with Luma, though.
If you get "You can't use this until you become the champion.", then wait until you beated the Elite 4, and finished the main game, then do the steps again.

Added my Magearna pk7 in a .zip for the people who don't get it working by this tutorial, please set OT + ID to your own, it still has the bottlecap.

Here is a tutorial how to get Magearna legitly, through Hans, or Luma locales spoofer, or PkHeX

Method 1:
1. Open up Homebrew launcher loader on your CFW on your New 3DS/New 3DS XL
2. Open up Hans, select Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon.
3. Select Japan, and 804 MHz
4. Launch the game.
5. Open the menu by X, and select this option:
KfXzgZ9h.jpg

6. Scan this QR:
FKVPh9K.jpg

7. Pick it up, at the mall in Hau'oli city, at the antic shop there.
8. Profit

Method 2:
1. Launch Luma settings by pressing start at boot (A9LH).
2. Enable the region/language emulation and external .code
3. Create a folder named locales inside SDRoot\luma where SDRoot the location of your SD is.
4. Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name, for Sun use: 0004000000164800
For moon use: 0004000000175E00

So for moon it's: 0004000000175E00.txt
And for sun it is: 0004000000164800.txt
5. Edit the file, and enter JPN for the region, an space, after that enter 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO") (without the quotation marks).
6. Save by selecting start.
7. Launch the game.
8. Open the menu by X, and select this option:
KfXzgZ9h.jpg

9. Scan this QR:
FKVPh9K.jpg

10. Pick it up, at the mall in Hau'oli city, at the antic shop there.
11. Profit
12. After using this, change region back to your own by editing JPN, in the text file to USA, EUR, CHN, AUS, KOR, or TWN.

Don't use method 3, unless you finished the game!!!
Method 3:
1. Extract your save using JKSM or any other savegame extractor
2. Use FTP or put your SD out of your 3DS, and copy the SDROOT\JKSM\Saves\Pokemon_moon\save_dir_name or SDROOT\JKSM\Saves\Pokemon_sun\save_dir_name to your PC, where SDROOT the letter of your SD is, and save_dir_name the name of the save directory is.
For Save data filer copy the folder with the title id of the game in the directory of Save data Filer, to your PC.
3. Make a backup of the directory.
4. Open PkHeX sun & moon, goto the Event flag editor, and enable the flag "Magearna event active". See the picture here (pic by: @tomx86)
upload_2016-11-14_1-50-33-png.68783

5. Export to main
6. Copy the folder back to your SD. (Back to the save game extractor folder, posted earlier).
7. Re-import the save.
8. Open the game, and go to the antiques store in Hau'oli city, in the mall.
9. Get Magearna.
10. Profit

Proof:

KSC78zT.jpg
VOQhSLs.jpg

SHlgqQm.jpg
[/spoilers]

Kind regards,
Procyon

Attachments

• 801 - Magearna - BFDE5A57881E.pk7.zip
    293 bytes · Views: 1,538
Last edited by raulpica,

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it possible to make one that always is 100%?

not possible some guy on 4chan tried didnt work
he tried playing pokemon refresh with zygarde 100% form

model turned out to be a pikachu, which only happens if the game crashes or gives error duing model rendering

D

Deleted User

not possible some guy on 4chan tried didnt work
he tried playing pokemon refresh with zygarde 100% form

model turned out to be a pikachu, which only happens if the game crashes or gives error duing model rendering
Man that makes 100% zygarde bad then.They buffed its hp so much yet it only transforms in battle at 1 hp.What where game freak thinking?! It doesn't even get any attack or speed buffs eather

Last edited by ,

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i think it transformms when orange hp bar
Yeah it does that for me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Man that makes 100% zygarde bad then.They buffed its hp so much yet it only transforms in battle at 1 hp.What where game freak thinking?! It doesn't even get any attack or speed buffs eather
It transforms at orange and I think it gains HP because the bar goes green after.

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
These steps aren't needed on the Japanese 3DS.
It doesn't work on the O3DS in Hans, because it runs in extended memory mode, so it reboots, it works with Luma, though.
If you get "You can't use this until you become the champion.", then wait until you beated the Elite 4, and finished the main game, then do the steps again.

Here is a tutorial how to get Magearna legitly, through Hans, or Luma locales spoofer.

1. Open up Homebrew launcher loader on your CFW on your New 3DS/New 3DS XL
2. Open up Hans, select Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon.
3. Select Japan, and 804 MHz
4. Launch the game.
5. Open the menu by X, and select this option:
KfXzgZ9h.jpg

6. Scan this QR:
FKVPh9K.jpg

7. Pick it up, at the mall in Hau'oli city, at the antic shop there.
8. Profit

1. Launch Luma settings by pressing start at boot (A9LH).
2. Enable the region/language emulation and external .code
3. Create a folder named locales inside SDRoot\luma where SDRoot the location of your SD is.
4. Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name, for Sun use: 0004000000164800
For moon use: 0004000000175E00

So for moon it's: 0004000000175E00.txt
And for sun it is: 0004000000164800.txt
5. Edit the file, and enter JPN for the region, an space, after that enter 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO") (without the quotation marks).
6. Save by selecting start.
7. Launch the game.
I open Pokemon Moon via hans, but it just gets stuck on the yellow screen before it gets to the "selecting the Region, Clock, etc.". Any way to fix this?[/spoiler]

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know, do you have CFW Luma3DS or any good one + hblauncherloader + hax 2.7 payload?
Both my cfw's are Cakes and Gateway. hblauncherloader just downloaded from the internet a few minutes ago, so updated. Hax 2.7 payload checking now, but if not how do I update it? (Haven't done it in a while)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol