smuddge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok heres the deal,
i want to soft mod a wii that was brought to me however the sd card slot is not functional.
i have a drivekey chip however it is mine and i want to keep it but i can use it to somehow softmod this wii.

the sd card slot accepts sd cards but there is not spring loading in it and the sd card just slides all the way in and drops back out if you turn it upside down.
it will not recognize that a card has been inserted.

i have a gamecube controller also so basically i am wondering if i put in the drivekey chip and then have it autoboot something that will allow me to load wad manager and read from a usb drive etc....

any help or instructions on how to go about doing this would be great.

thanks in advance.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Autoboot disc, such as HBC would prolly work.

smuddge said:
ok heres the deal,
i want to soft mod a wii that was brought to me however the sd card slot is not functional.
i have a drivekey chip however it is mine and i want to keep it but i can use it to somehow softmod this wii.

the sd card slot accepts sd cards but there is not spring loading in it and the sd card just slides all the way in and drops back out if you turn it upside down.
it will not recognize that a card has been inserted.

i have a gamecube controller also so basically i am wondering if i put in the drivekey chip and then have it autoboot something that will allow me to load wad manager and read from a usb drive etc....

any help or instructions on how to go about doing this would be great.

thanks in advance.

smuddge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe it is 3.2.

where could i find an autoboot disk with homebrew on it?
or how could i make one.

smuddge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me here?
i am looking for how to make an autoboot disk that will take me to wad manager... i have searched and it seems that everything i read needs ios249 installed already.
i would also like to find a wad for the homebrew channel so i can get it installed and from there i can just use a usb drive to install what i need.
i would setting for instructions on how to make a homebrew channel wad also.....

i am struggling here.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's at least one on here that should work. Keep searching, maybe look into patching it to run under a different IOS, if available.

smuddge said:
can anyone help me here?
i am looking for how to make an autoboot disk that will take me to wad manager... i have searched and it seems that everything i read needs ios249 installed already.
i would also like to find a wad for the homebrew channel so i can get it installed and from there i can just use a usb drive to install what i need.
i would setting for instructions on how to make a homebrew channel wad also.....

i am struggling here.

smuddge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply but i am still unable to get this going.
every disk i burn gives me the same unable to read disk errors when booting except a mario kart autoboot disk i have here...

any more suggestions. i am about to call it quits as i don't know if this can actually be done...
oh sorry it is also 3.4u system menu not 3.2 as i thought earlier.

smuddge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks techboy.
i was really waiting for a response like that.
i was thinking that i was just not capable of doing it myself.

much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs