Hacking Softmod Wii no longer reads backup games

N69dles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As of a couple days ago my Wii was working just fine. Able to play most back up games thru disc channel. This is what has happened since then. I downloaded Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and tried to run thru disc channel. It came up as Res Evil 4 (which happened to be the last game I played), anyways it didn't work. Just froze the wii. Next day I decided I would upgrade from 3.2U to 4.1U to try to get NSMB working. Everything installed fine but when I put in any of my backed up games, i would get dvd load errors in neogamma and unable to read disc in disc channel.

Since this point, I have done just about everything possible to fix it which inadvertantly could have made things worse. It does not seem that I have bootmii installed anymore (as it no longer shows up in HBC when i hit the home button). I do have a backed up NAND on my pc. I've downgraded firmware back to 3.2U. Also I believe I'm running ois248 rev 14. Other than that, I don't know much else about whats going on in my wii. I did get it modded from virgin with little complications. I know I never had to use DopIos or any similar program to download and patch wads.
I still have homebrew installed. Also, when I go to system mgmt and try to access my SD card for channels, the wii freezes, which it never did before.

Thats about all I have. If anyone can suggest some ideas as to how to get this thing up and running it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Welcome,

there will be a solution for your problems.

The freezing part you´re referring to can be because of bannerbomb which is maybe on your SD card.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Did you use a specific app to upgrade to 4.1? Because most(or all?) apps which upgrade to 4.1 will install the stubbed IOS.

N69dles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe the prog i used to go to 4.1 was

Firmware Updater v4.1 |
| developed by Waninkoko

In the HBC it said ' safely update to 4.1 '

I will try to install bootmii again and do the ios checks.

N69dles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just tried installing bootmii with hackmii installer v.3 . says that no vulnerable ios found on this wii. this is the same error i always got (even when everything worked ) when i tried to update my HBC thru wifi every time my hbc booted up.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
N69dles said:
just tried installing bootmii with hackmii installer v.3 . says that no vulnerable ios found on this wii. this is the same error i always got (even when everything worked ) when i tried to update my HBC thru wifi every time my hbc booted up.

Install a clean IOS 36, then run hackmii installer again.

EDIT: Download the latest hackmii installer on bootmii.org

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I said cIOSes. I know about Stub IOS60s. I made that mistake when 4.2 came out (thanks again bootmii!).

If he had that issue, his wii would have fully bricked upon updating to 4.1. I was confused, and was thinking you were trying to say that 4.1 stubbed his IOS249 because his backups no longer work. 4.1 included no such stub for cIOS.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
QUOTE said:
I said cIOSes. I know about Stub IOS60s. I made that mistake when 4.2 came out (thanks again bootmii!).

If he had that issue, his wii would have fully bricked upon updating to 4.1. I was confused, and was thinking you were trying to say that 4.1 stubbed his IOS249 because his backups no longer work. 4.1 included no such stub for cIOS.

Ok, I misread that one. I agree with you.

N69dles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i downloaded signcheck and now when i reset, its in japanese and im pretty sure it says that it is bricked
frown.gif

cysmith16

Trophies
XP
Country
I get a similar problem. Have d2ckey, and played all backups ok. Followed xzxero guide fully. Now some games don't work, some do. Also, weirdly, GH Aerosmith (& some others) only works if I boot the wii with mario and sonic winter olympics in the drive, then change disc to GH Aerosmith. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any steps in the soft-modding guide.

N69dles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i just ran sign check, said i had 27ios, went through it by hitting reset over and over. when it finished it rebooted but didnt load correctly. i powered off and then on and then my health screen is japanese writing telling me to go to ique.com/service and i cant proceed past it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise