Hacking Softmod Question

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking through various forums and can't find a straight answer. I currently have a Go! with Pro B8 perma installed at firmware revision 6.20. Can I access PSN store and play backed up games online? If not what firmware will allow me to do this?

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as a safety measure,,,, get a version.txt spoofing 6.39 and enable it through the recovery menu...

Gotta get the right version.txt because i tried a few before one actually worked... all of them would say they spoof 6.39 but once you connected them to media go, it would download the update for 6.39 and it knew i was on 6.20... I'm sure theres a way on getting a copy of the version.txt file

Post if you need more help

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
I can access PSN just fine on a 6.20 PRO-B8 2000.

Do you have a PSN account?
Hey Ryd's.

Just me being a spaz. I was using the internet browser instead of the PSN connections. It seems to work fine.

Cheers
grog.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
realveemon said:
Just as a safety measure,,,, get a version.txt spoofing 6.39 and enable it through the recovery menu...

Gotta get the right version.txt because i tried a few before one actually worked... all of them would say they spoof 6.39 but once you connected them to media go, it would download the update for 6.39 and it knew i was on 6.20... I'm sure theres a way on getting a copy of the version.txt file

is this here actually required? i have yet to actually try to get on PSN (forgot my password and the password recovery server from sony refuses to go back online)

just wondering because i've always heard it works just fine straight off the bat with PRO, this is the first mention i've seen of needing to spoof your firmware version

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
realveemon said:

is this here actually required? i have yet to actually try to get on PSN (forgot my password and the password recovery server from sony refuses to go back online)

just wondering because i've always heard it works just fine straight off the bat with PRO, this is the first mention i've seen of needing to spoof your firmware version

Not really essential yet it always serves since i use media go and to make sure umd's don't update my system...

I have always used a version.txt so i don't know if its ok to have it or not.. I believe the original purpose was to trick the psp and the psn so i've always kept an up to date one on hand and enabled

That and the psn is asking for him to update so i see this as a fix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.