OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little new to the Wii hacking scene, but have been hacking my Xbox for years. It's a bit different, but still the same concept. I began installing SoftMii and got all the way to the end of Phase 2. After installing Starfall, the Wii rebooted. Now if I try to launch any games, backup or original, it will not read the disk. If I try to launch any Wii channels, or any of the system menus, it just produces a blank screen and hangs. I tried to load the recovery menu using both Starfall and the GC controller. It pops up and says 3.2(USA) and then does nothing. I put a game in and it lights up, spins up, then does nothing. I'm pretty much at a loss for what to do. Anyone ever run into this before or know something that I could do to fix this? I have a new DVD drive on order with the WiiKeyII preinstalled. Should I just wait and install that drive and pray that it works or is there something that I can do in the interim?

Thanks in advance!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try loading up Starfall again and remove the hacks and see if your games start working again, I never heard of anyone having this problem with Starfall?

necropotence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
try loading up Starfall again and remove the hacks and see if your games start working again, I never heard of anyone having this problem with Starfall?

Just to make sure, to load Starfall all you have to do is have the GC controller in the player 1 slot, and hold Y while booting correct? If so, I do that, and it just says 3.2(USA) and doesn't do anything else.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
since u have modchip, u can search for autoboot disc or semibricked disc. u can load anyregion changer and do an instalation to 3.2u.

necropotence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
innercy said:
since u have modchip, u can search for autoboot disc or semibricked disc. u can load anyregion changer and do an instalation to 3.2u.

I had thought about that, and I did burn the disc, but all I get is the "disc loading" screen and it never comes up.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't happen to use the program anyregion changer did ya? Almost sounds like you semi bricked your Wii or changed your Console Area Setting, That would cause it. you may want to go back into Any Region and Correct your Settings, and Re-install your System menu. So do you still HBC installed on your Wii?

necropotence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
You didn't happen to use the program anyregion changer did ya? Almost sounds like you semi bricked your Wii or changed your Console Area Setting, That would cause it. you may want to go back into Any Region and Correct your Settings, and Re-install your System menu. So do you still HBC installed on your Wii?

I still have HBC on there, but I cannot get it to run. It just comes up with a blank screen. Same thing will all other channels. For some reason I can't get anything to run. I will post a vid in a couple of minutes so you guys can see exactly what's going on.

QUOTE(innercy @ Feb 9 2009, 04:24 AM) ^u said u installed a new drive. u might wanna check that out...

I have it on order. I haven't gotten it yet.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
necropotence said:
WiiBlaster said:

I still have HBC on there, but I cannot get it to run. It just comes up with a blank screen. Same thing will all other channels. For some reason I can't get anything to run. I will post a vid in a couple of minutes so you guys can see exactly what's going on.

QUOTE(innercy @ Feb 9 2009, 04:24 AM) ^u said u installed a new drive. u might wanna check that out...

I have it on order. I haven't gotten it yet.
PLEASE DONT FORMAT OR REMOVE HBC
Best thing i can tell you to do is sense you have HBC installed just do a Offical Nintendo Update i know it will put you on 3.4
your HBC should start working again, After you get HBC working just downgrade and then check Any Region changer and make sure all the settings are correct
now this is all Best Guess, Never had your Problem before

necropotence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh, if you have anything hooked up via USB it will not work right! I had my charger for my wiimotes and my balance board hooked up. I unplugged them and it works now! Well i feel like an idiot

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
necropotence said:
Ahhh, if you have anything hooked up via USB it will not work right! I had my charger for my wiimotes and my balance board hooked up. I unplugged them and it works now! Well i feel like an idiot

So you got it fixed, Well thats Great glad to hear it. Now i feel like a idiot.
icon6.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs