OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi guys pleases dont play with softmii if your not 100% sure on what your doing
as I and lots outhers have fuked there wii by plying with softmii!

Dr.Tenma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You got Preloader 0.27 installed i guess ? If so, then just launch HBC, then anyregionchanger, and reinstaller sym 3.2

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn the Wii on and hold reset. Then when you get there launch the HBC, then run any region changer and fix your version from there.
I did the same thing.

D

Deleted User

Before you go and flame Softmii, ensure that you have:

1)Noticed that Softmii is a very noob-friendly guide
2)An IQ of at least 100
3)Fucking comprehensible English so that your Flame is solid
4)Notice that you screwed up somewhere, and it is not entirely Softmii's fault.

pumkinut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Three words:

Oh Fucking Well

Seriously, it's not like it's a difficult procedure. If a Wii gets screwed up because of it, it's entirely a user issue.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm agreeing with the comments above, and not to flame the one that started this thread ... but because not enough of you do your research before trying to install these mods. The backup launcher was out about a month before I installed it, I wasn't screwing around because I don't have $250 for another Wii if I break it beyond repair. So I SEARCHED, and READ, and made 100% sure I was doing everything correctly. And only once I had to start a thread for help because I couldn't even read the error message I was getting. And yes, I searched.

Why do you think everyone bitches and moans at the newbs and tell them to SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same here.
Before installing first ios249 + gamma and then Riskii/Softmii, I searched troughly trough the forum, read all guide/post/etc., FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCIONS and then, after checking that the brick rate was very low/near to zero, I installed the hacks. Even during the installation process I was reading the forum to be sure!

Never had a Brick.

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pumkinut said:
Three words:

Oh Fucking Well

Seriously, it's not like it's a difficult procedure. If a Wii gets screwed up because of it, it's entirely a user issue.

yes i fuked it up myself, that the point for this post, so that outhers dont do the same!

thank`s to all you guys making fun of my bad english! hope you think your a big man! (one day hope to meet you)

D

Deleted User

swf3 said:
pumkinut said:
Three words:

Oh Fucking Well

Yes, I fucked it up myself, that's the point of this post, so that others don't do the same!

Thanks to all of you guys making fun of my bad English! Hope you think you're a big man! (One day I hope to meet you)

Corrected your English, see teh bolds.

Anyway, if you want noobs to prevent bricking their Wii, then, you're definitely doing it the wrong way. Tell what you did to your Wii (The Steps of Softmii, not Softmii itself), that should prevent them from doing that.

Also, if you want to flame softmii, do it the right way.

gd6noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
people who use soft modding tools should know THERE is a chance... the minute you start thinking about doing you should already be aware that there is a chance that there might be problems, which is WHY people should DO THEIR homework b4 atempting such things..

dont blame the tools for the problems.. if you REALLY dont want to mess up your Wii or any other systems, DONT DO ILLGAL THINGS!

joe90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gd6noob said:
, DONT DO ILLGAL THINGS!

brilliant, in so many ways.

But the key is to read, read and read some more, even though this forum makes it some what hard to see the wood for the trees.

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is why I always seem like a noob, I am very computer literate, and have been modding systems for years. In this economy I cant spare enough change for a second wii, so I
1. read
2. ask
3. ask again
4. read again
5. ask 1 more time
6. attempt the mod while reading and asking

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
swf3 - SoftMii did not brick your Wii - You did.

Now - If you follow the instructions provided in the pack, you will have a successfully modified wii
tongue.gif

So, as others have said already - WTF did you do to make it brick. Please list all steps as they occured and maybe someone may be able to help you.

To be safe tho - i wouldent install SoftMii 2.0 when we release it as you don't want to brick again.
Use gamma
tongue.gif

And if you want quicker help to your problem come on over to #SoftMii on EFNET for a friendly chat
tongue.gif

ephumuris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Surely he can just hold reset like you guys said. Otherwise...what step bricked him if he hasn't even got Preloader installed? lol.

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have softmii 1.0 on my wii and was wondering how i can remove softmii but keep preloader/3.2u

do i just run any region changer and revert to 3.2?

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
so out of the 30,000+ that our server shows have downloaded SoftMii v1.0

you bricked your wii, so all of a sudden the gba trolls awake once again to jump on the band wagon...what a suprise lol

this forum has become comic fiction these days instead of a forum/community.

stop bashing other peoples work because u fucked up.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pumkinut said:
Three words:

Oh Fucking Well

Usually I'm not the type to flame but... I agree with you.
It's completely your fault. It hasn't happened to anyone who's followed the procedure. You can't skip steps out of laziness or this shit will happen.
Deal. Unbrick your Wii somehow or buy a new one. Don't hack your Wii until you know what you're doing.
It took me less than 2 minutes of actual navigation and button pressing to install Softmii, excluding the actual installation time.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have to try, really hard, to brick your Wii with these loaders.

Not WAD channels, these loaders, you have to really want to seek out a brick when installing for them.

The margin for error is very lenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it