Hacking SoftChip back in development

requiem4d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After much soul searching, I decided that my previous attempt to receive funding to allow SoftChip to mature and grow was a complete failure. Since then I have reacquired the rights
and am beginning to take up development again to incorporate some of the more useful features in the newer backup loaders, as well as a few extras I have planned.

If anybody is interested, please check out http://www.softchip-mod.com/ and if anyone is interested in helping me fund the project's reorganization,
I am accepting donations to cover the time I am willing to put into getting SoftChip up to par with current offerings.

The project is still, and always will be free and open source, but anything you can spare will help.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you want a big user base, then i recommend to do all IOS patching on-the-fly(AHBPROT) and making it IOS Reload resistant(sneek). Maybe if you manage this, you find a way to launch DIOS-MIOS without sneek, or write something better.

Good to see you again btw.

requiem4d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, WiiPower, and likewise. It was around this time of year when SoftChip's development first began. I find it fitting that I'm finally able to pick up that old torch and carry it once again.

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello requiem4d!
smile.gif

I have heard of SoftChip, but I never installed it...
rolleyes.gif

But like WiiPower said, if you give it a nice looking GUI, the ability to solve the problematic games issues without external hacks and to run backups without cIOS, me and I'm sure a lot more people will definitely give it a try!!!
yaywii.gif

Good luck for your project!
happy.gif

P.S.: Btw, your website at http://www.softchip-mod.com/ seems to be down...
frown.gif

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked SoftChip. It gave a lot of technical information when you booted a game. I thought that was cool
smile.gif

requiem4d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, everybody, for the kind words. I'm recovering from a spinal injury at the moment, and haven't had time to get the site up and running yet. As soon as I'm able to recuperate, I'll be releasing pre-built binaries as well as full sources for the entire package.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great to hear your back! I love softchip, the simple design, the settings and all the information of the loading process, very professional! I only used this loader on my old wii, all games worked great! It would be great to have this loader back
yaywii.gif

yixiar

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm very glad to hear Sofitchip came back, which is the first tools that let me play Wii
yaywii.gif

But after v99, it's gone. Welcome back to support new games
hrth.gif

Great project in Wii hack history!

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Good to see you back.

SoftChip was ahead of it's time imho, but obviously now it's a little behind. There are a LOT of things even current loaders could do but don't. I wont go into details here because I don't have the time for it, but I'm sure you'll see a lot of potential to get this back at the front with some unique features.

Anyway, all that is important to me is to see you're on the mend

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude I'm glad to see this. If you come up with a solution to load dios mios without sneek that would be tight. I hope to see some nice features that rival or even surpass Wiipowers Neogamma loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over