softbrick repair cost o3ds xl

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ianuk2005, Mar 23, 2016.

1. ianuk2005
    OP

ianuk2005 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    so i bricked my 3ds downgrading the incorrect firmware.

I'm now in need of a repair or replacement. Has anyone sent theres to nintendo service centre for repairing a softbrick and have an idea of the cost?

2. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    softbrick : do up+a+l+r combo button in order to update to 10.7.
    hardbrick : (and you don't have a nand backup of YOUR console : buy another one, or change the mother board!! (with nintendo, i think it will cost the price of a new 3DS...)

Last edited by Omegadrien, Mar 23, 2016
  3. dg_dex

dg_dex GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    £73 is the maximum Nintendo now charge in the U.K. I just recently had to pay for a repair. They sent me a brand new replacement with a new serial as they didn't have parts in stock. That's including a new 12 month warranty. F.Y.I, I did ask Nintendo what was the maximum they charge for a repair at the moment. They replied with £73. I ended up paying £40 because they had my console for over 3 weeks. The nearest available time they could repair my motherboard (lifted ZIF connectors) was 4-6 weeks. That's how I ended up with a new replacement. Mind, on 10.7 FW. But with a hard mod, I'm now on 9.2. Go Nintendo.