softbrick repair cost o3ds xl

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ianuk2005, Mar 23, 2016.

1. ianuk2005
    OP

ianuk2005 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    so i bricked my 3ds downgrading the incorrect firmware.

I'm now in need of a repair or replacement. Has anyone sent theres to nintendo service centre for repairing a softbrick and have an idea of the cost?

2. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    softbrick : do up+a+l+r combo button in order to update to 10.7.
    hardbrick : (and you don't have a nand backup of YOUR console : buy another one, or change the mother board!! (with nintendo, i think it will cost the price of a new 3DS...)

Last edited by Omegadrien, Mar 23, 2016
  3. dg_dex

dg_dex GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    £73 is the maximum Nintendo now charge in the U.K. I just recently had to pay for a repair. They sent me a brand new replacement with a new serial as they didn't have parts in stock. That's including a new 12 month warranty. F.Y.I, I did ask Nintendo what was the maximum they charge for a repair at the moment. They replied with £73. I ended up paying £40 because they had my console for over 3 weeks. The nearest available time they could repair my motherboard (lifted ZIF connectors) was 4-6 weeks. That's how I ended up with a new replacement. Mind, on 10.7 FW. But with a hard mod, I'm now on 9.2. Go Nintendo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice