Soft-Resetting inside of Homebrew

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by LittLeLives, Aug 9, 2008.

Aug 9, 2008
  1. LittLeLives
    OP

Newcomer LittLeLives Member

United States
    I'm currently going to upgrade from my M3DSS + 2GB microSD to a new card with microSDHC support and I've heard from somewhere or another that the M3Real or CycloDS is capable of soft-resetting inside homebrew like DSOrganize, which came packaged with no ability to.

I'm asking because I think it would be a nice little feature to go seamlessly from playing J!US or FFTA2 to check up any planned events on DSOrganize or check a code or a to-do list on DSNotes and go straight back to the game. It's one of the things I love about the PSP and iRShell, being able to multitask so efficiently.
    I'm not asking someone to develop a new OS for the DS...though that would be the most kickass thing to ever happen for the DS (and integrated calendaring support please, if I had the option to write my notes instead of type them unlike DSO that's an even bigger +... in case someone out there is doing it).

I'm not too fond of typing on the PSP's GUI keyboard (not my PSP to begin with) nor am I fond of typing on a cellphone numpad (I don't have a phone with a QWERTY keyboard) and I don't have a laptop nor can I see myself getting one in the near future, so the DS' touchscreen features would rock in managing my life on the go.

The current card I'm eyeing is the Acekard 2 for its price and its damn sexy GUI, and because it has a calendar when it boots up it'll give me the incentive to wonder if I have any scheduled events and not show up at my Dentist's office only to have him say I missed an entire year of appointments.
    I'm unsure if it can soft-reset inside of homebrew, and I'm fairly certain the answer is no, but I still want to know which carts can do it, maybe it might influence my decision. =|

TLDR: Which carts can soft-reset inside of homebrew such as DSO, DSNotes, Warcraft: TD, etc? Can the Acekard 2 do it?

2. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Cyclods is the only one i know of that can do it.

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The SCDS1 can also soft reset from homebrew, though I wouldn't recommend it over the CycloDS Evolution.

4. Diffusion

Member Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I know that the Acekard 2 can't soft reset within homebrew.

5. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    supercard can do it and I have heard cyclo can too. So both.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i know that soft reset of homebrew for the ak open source firmware is being discussed....

-another world

7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    As they already said, the SCDS and CycloDS Evo can do it. However, be sure to research a bit more, as I vaguely remember DSOrganize in particular being a homebrew app that had problems with soft-reset in the past. I don't know if it's been fixed since then or not.

8. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Will it work in AKAIO 1.5?