Soft-Resetting inside of Homebrew

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by LittLeLives, Aug 9, 2008.

1. LittLeLives
    OP

LittLeLives Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2007
    United States
    I'm currently going to upgrade from my M3DSS + 2GB microSD to a new card with microSDHC support and I've heard from somewhere or another that the M3Real or CycloDS is capable of soft-resetting inside homebrew like DSOrganize, which came packaged with no ability to.

I'm asking because I think it would be a nice little feature to go seamlessly from playing J!US or FFTA2 to check up any planned events on DSOrganize or check a code or a to-do list on DSNotes and go straight back to the game. It's one of the things I love about the PSP and iRShell, being able to multitask so efficiently.
    I'm not asking someone to develop a new OS for the DS...though that would be the most kickass thing to ever happen for the DS (and integrated calendaring support please, if I had the option to write my notes instead of type them unlike DSO that's an even bigger +... in case someone out there is doing it).

I'm not too fond of typing on the PSP's GUI keyboard (not my PSP to begin with) nor am I fond of typing on a cellphone numpad (I don't have a phone with a QWERTY keyboard) and I don't have a laptop nor can I see myself getting one in the near future, so the DS' touchscreen features would rock in managing my life on the go.

The current card I'm eyeing is the Acekard 2 for its price and its damn sexy GUI, and because it has a calendar when it boots up it'll give me the incentive to wonder if I have any scheduled events and not show up at my Dentist's office only to have him say I missed an entire year of appointments.
    I'm unsure if it can soft-reset inside of homebrew, and I'm fairly certain the answer is no, but I still want to know which carts can do it, maybe it might influence my decision. =|

TLDR: Which carts can soft-reset inside of homebrew such as DSO, DSNotes, Warcraft: TD, etc? Can the Acekard 2 do it?

2. Sir-Fritz

Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

May 4, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Cyclods is the only one i know of that can do it.

3. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    The SCDS1 can also soft reset from homebrew, though I wouldn't recommend it over the CycloDS Evolution.

4. Diffusion

Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    I know that the Acekard 2 can't soft reset within homebrew.

5. golden

golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

Dec 1, 2007
    United States
    supercard can do it and I have heard cyclo can too. So both.

6. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    i know that soft reset of homebrew for the ak open source firmware is being discussed....

-another world

7. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    As they already said, the SCDS and CycloDS Evo can do it. However, be sure to research a bit more, as I vaguely remember DSOrganize in particular being a homebrew app that had problems with soft-reset in the past. I don't know if it's been fixed since then or not.

8. Jakob95

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    Will it work in AKAIO 1.5?