Soft Reset In Emulators

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by WildWon, Apr 8, 2008.

Apr 8, 2008

Soft Reset In Emulators by WildWon at 7:33 PM (2,419 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Are there any Nes and Snes emus that support soft reset on the DS-One? I'm running NesDS and i dont remember which Snes emu off the top of my head (i'm at work, the DS is at home heh), and neither seem to work with the L+R+A+B+X+Y soft reset.

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Dudu.exe

Newcomer Dudu.exe Advanced Member

Brazil
    there are few incompatibilities.. like theses to emulators, and some obscure homebrews no one uses..

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Homebrew usually has to be specifically coded to support soft-reset, and no NES or SNES emulators have done this to my knowledge. The SCDS (and beta CycloDS firmware) can patch homebrew to soft-reset, but even then it doesn't work all the time.

Just turn the DS off and on again. It's designed for you to do this.

4. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Thats what i have been doing. I was just wondering if there was another option. (i got spoiled by the soft reset in other things, so i was hoping [​IMG]

Thanks for the replies guys!

Any word if there are any other emus (or updates) in the works that allow for a soft reset?

5. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm going to guess that Supercard did this exactly the same way that TC did, and they said that soft-reset from homebrew works (for now) ONLY with apps that link against libNDS which they patch. If they don't link againt libNDS soft-reset won't work. (It looks to me like the soft-reset from homebrew uses something similar to what the reset hacks for moonshell do, as the v1.4-beta1 Evolution firmware leaves the screen in place ATM rather than hiding it under a bolank screen or some other bitmapped image...)