soft reset gba games?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by airrunner, Feb 14, 2010.

Feb 14, 2010

soft reset gba games? by airrunner at 10:47 PM (1,107 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. airrunner
    OP

Newcomer airrunner Member

United Kingdom
    Hello everyone, i have a gba ez flash 1 in my ds and i play my gba games which are loaded on my sdhc card in my acekard. What i want to know is if it is possible to soft reset the game and select a new one without switching the console off everytime? Basically the same principle as you do with your ds games.

Thanks very much in advanced!

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    No, it is not capable of that. It is only a feature to some pure gba flashcarts only, which involves patching of some kind or other.

3. airrunner
    OP

Newcomer airrunner Member

United Kingdom
    oh i see thats a pity. Thanks very much for your response

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The more technical reason is that you can boot from DS mode to GBA mode, but not the other way around. Once you're in GBA mode, you're stuck there until you do a power cycle.

If you had a standalone slot-2 device, you could use Boot-O-Matic Advance to patch the games to reset back to your flash cart's menu with a button combo. With what you've got, all it'll do is reset the current game (which may not be terribly bad anyway).