azotyp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
1) Is there a possibility of soft reset in dsorganize, maybe some plugin or anything ?
2) And another question is there a plugin for moonshell that allows to delete files by moonshells menu ?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSOrganize doesn't support soft reset, but you may be able to get back to your flash cart's menu from DSOrganize. For example, with a DSTT you can create a copy of TTMenu.dat and name it TTMenu.nds, and then you can get back to the menu by running it from DSOrganize. You can create a button for it on the third page of DSOrganize if you want. Other carts might allow something similar.

-Bri

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bri said:
DSOrganize doesn't support soft reset, but you may be able to get back to your flash cart's menu from DSOrganize. For example, with a DSTT you can create a copy of TTMenu.dat and name it TTMenu.nds, and then you can get back to the menu by running it from DSOrganize. You can create a button for it on the third page of DSOrganize if you want. Other carts might allow something similar.

-Bri
Yeah, this also works with a dump of the M3/G6 Real cartridge. There are some more, I don't know which ones.

OrcMonkey©

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laugh.gif
it works for r4ds too

rexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am having trouble getting the r4 dump to work
I've decrypted r4 _DS_MENU.DAT and then renamed it to _DS_MENU.NDS. placed it onto my r4, when i go into dsorganize and boot this, i return to the r4 kernel boot screen. but everything is frozen. what am I doing wrong here? i've tried all three loaders in DSOrganize(mighty max, chishm, dsorganize) even tried DLDI patch the decrypted nds. running DSOrganize birthday edition and R4 1.17 english kernel

also, anyother homebrew boots via mighty max, but again, they ALL freeze

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
rexii said:
I've decrypted r4 _DS_MENU.DAT and then renamed it to _DS_MENU.NDS. placed it onto my r4, when i go into dsorganize and boot this, i return to the r4 kernel boot screen. but everything is frozen. what am I doing wrong here? i've tried all three loaders in DSOrganize(mighty max, chishm, dsorganize) even tried DLDI patch the decrypted nds. running DSOrganize birthday edition and R4 1.17 english kernel

Try turning off DLDI autopatching in the DSO settings. It might be trying to patch _DS_MENU.DAT when it doesn't need to.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Swip said:
i took the reset.mse from moonshell renamed it to reset.nds and boot it from dsorganize browser works great.

oh really?

haven't heard that being done before.

i didnt think reset.mse resembled a nds file structure (and so could be booted by dso).

i'll have a look at it.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
rexii said:

I use 3in1backup tool to dump the FW, same result, freeze at loading screen

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
i didnt think reset.mse resembled a nds file structure (and so could be booted by dso).

Works with the AK2's reset.mse also (renamed to reset.nds). Of course, the AK2's firmware is already a .nds file so there's not much point.

-Bri

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any luck with Edge? I've tried the reset.mse, and renamed it with a .nds extension, I haven't tried the dump of Edge yet though, haven't had time to dump it for myself (too lazy to search for the dump).

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Doggy124 said:
rexii said:

I use 3in1backup tool to dump the FW, same result, freeze at loading screen
Same problem here, when i dump the _SD_ASMA_00.nds (or something like that), and try to run it with DSO, it freezes at loading
blink.gif

Saitalv4.0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have the GBA_Exploader loaded, you could open it from DSOrganize, and then use that for a soft reset. I tried it, and it works for me. I'm using a CycloDS Evo with 1.3F, and the M3 DS Real GBA Expansion, and it pretty much worked fine.

Funny, the whole renaming reset.mse to reset to nds didn't work for me though. I got an adaptor not supported error.

EDIT: Renaming softreset.CEVO to softreset.nds and leaving THAT in the root of the card works. Just thought that little tidbit might help.

(F.Y.I: The M3 DS Real GBA Adaptor is running the same way that the EZ Flash V 3-in-1 runs, when you have the GBA_Exploader installed. I just use that because I'm waiting for my EZ to finally arrive.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over