Hacking Soft MOD'ed Wii updates?

Emu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my Wii soft modded with the homebrew channell, priiloader, wad manager, a few other apps and Configurable USB Loader. Now I see some games freezing occasionally and I just swapped my games to a brand new hard drive. I updated CFG USB Loader and it boots about half the time but definitely boots when I tell it to load CIOS 222 V4. So my assumption is I'm missing some cIOSes that others may have been updating their Wii with over time. My list in CFG USB Loader states I have IOS222 Base 38+37 V4, IOS222 Base 38+60 rev 4 as well as 249 56 rev 20, and 250 56 rev 20 (r65535). It states i'm missing IOS 224/245-248. Are these crucial, is there a means to keep your CIOSes up to date with 1 app? Love the feedback! Thanks!

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Use ModMii to download the latest versions of cIOS and install them with a WAD Manager like MMM.

cIOS 224 is used by Hermes' cIOS for certain Homebrew applications. The other ones 245-248 shouldn't have anything there by default. Maybe try WiiFlow or another USB loader to see if that helps your problem as well. If not, you can always re-hack your Wii (with ModMii).

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Emu said:
I have my Wii soft modded with the homebrew channell, priiloader, wad manager, a few other apps and Configurable USB Loader. Now I see some games freezing occasionally and I just swapped my games to a brand new hard drive. I updated CFG USB Loader and it boots about half the time but definitely boots when I tell it to load CIOS 222 V4. So my assumption is I'm missing some cIOSes that others may have been updating their Wii with over time. My list in CFG USB Loader states I have IOS222 Base 38+37 V4, IOS222 Base 38+60 rev 4 as well as 249 56 rev 20, and 250 56 rev 20 (r65535). It states i'm missing IOS 224/245-248. Are these crucial, is there a means to keep your CIOSes up to date with 1 app? Love the feedback! Thanks!
Did the games start freezing after you switched the HDD? If so, your problem is probably the HDD.

QUOTE(clarky @ May 18 2011, 07:08 PM) something like pimp my wii can scan your wii and update it for you
Please don't suggest Brick My Wii to anyone else. Fail is discouraged.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
check to see if u have a sleep timer set on your hard drive by installing the HD manufacturer's proprietary software (ie WDSmartware or Seagate dashbord) and then disable it

if u have a random uncommon hard drive, there is another free program u might be able to use
more info here: http://gbatemp.net/t288810-trying-to-get-u...t&p=3592977

Emu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry i'm stuck waiting on seagate to get back with me cause the dashboard software can only be released via email with included S/N..This is rediculous..

Emu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like they added it to the free software for aka seagate manager. I will report in a few hours the results to see if this fixes all these problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse