Soft Modding Original Xbox - Anyone alive who still knows how these hacks were made?

MrBerzerk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to softmod my original xbox.
I have 2 usb drive that work, and a usb to controller cable.
1 4GB Sandisk that is supposed to be a working chipset.
1 2GB Generic USB

I have formatted them both by the Xbox system, and by using USBFATXFormatter_v1_3_2
I can copy save files to the USB and they will show up the next time I start the xbox.
They however do NOT show up in Xplorer360b6 (I've tried running as admin.)
I can copy the mod files to the USB using Xplorer360b6, but they don't show up on the xbox.
It is like they are copying to different partitions or something, or the file/user permissions are not matching up.
Does anyone know what the 'owner' of the files should be? Does any know how this Xplorer360b6 software even works/was developed. Is there a github somewhere? Is there something newer that works on the original XBox?
I'm getting really frustrated. I've even tried copying them using an OLD OLD WinXP machine. Same problems.

MrBerzerk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Download the Xbox Action Replay software.
That should allow you to inject hacked saves into your memory unit (USB drive)

Note, you might need to run it with admin rights and in XP compatibility mode.
The action replay software has a special Xbox Mem Card to USB device, with a driver file. I just have a regular USB key that I plug into the controller slot on the xbox. Is there a setting in Action Replay that allows you to specify a USB port?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.