Hacking Soft mod addiction

shadowfocus603

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else get this? I get more satisfaction out of the actual process of installing A9LH and getting it set up than I do actually using it for anything constructive, like actually playing games etc. I have exploited one each 2ds, o3ds, and a n3ds. My kid uses the o3ds so that one actually does get used but my n3ds and 2ds (brand new today, already modded) will both spend a lions share of time on the shelf after the initial mod is done. Ideally, I'd like to find a market for myself to buy, mod, then sell. I think I'd be happier that way. Anyways just a random brain dropping.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
LOL.. i also got that itch after i successfully soft modded a o3DS, 2DS, 2x N3DS, im even planning on purchasing a N3DS XL and soft mod it..

but now i decided to spend time to actually enjoy the games i have.. i gave the other n3DS to my daughter, the other to my wife and the 2DS to my son..

i still purchase physical copies of games but the purpose of all these is to carry my cartridge collection without actually getting them out of the case or repurchasing the same titles digitally or ejecting countless of times the cartridge from the slot whenever i wana play a certain game plus the ability to save my savefile if anything happens..

anyway, if soft modding is your passion than playing then i say good on you..you could put a part-time business and earn extra $$$ .. :) good luck!

Last edited by owek1,
Reactions: CaptainSwag101

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I can hack it, it's hacked in my house.
http://gbatemp.net/entry/my-updated-3ds-homebrew-life.11548/
http://gbatemp.net/entry/my-homebrew-life.11128/
I am also a proud Linux user and removed Windows from my laptop without even booting into Windows.

same.. got hacked psp, wii and wiiU.. sadly i no longer have a ps3.. got an R4i card for my DSi and DSLite too.. now if march2017 could be here any sooner and get my hands on the NX whatever that thing is..

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I collect modded consoles, for the most part. I have two swapdisc PS2's (with the flip open lid mod), one fat and one skinny. I also have a fat with a network adaptor and FMCB. I have a softmodded PSP1001 and a PSP3001, a softmodded Wii, and a Dreamcast that plays burned discs from the factory (not all that rare, honestly). Oh, an o3DS and a n3DS too, obviously.

I couldn't leave the house today, but as soon as I can I have a PS3 going out for a hard mod downgrade/jailbreak. Soon I'd like to grab an old original Xbox and get it modded also.

I play mine as much as I can. But for the most part, I just like the idea of collecting. My original thought was to have an extensive library of entertainment should anything life altering happened... Guess it's good to be prepared.

Reactions: owek1

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I buy and resell modded 3DSes. Locally, the going price for a N3DS XL is like $200, which is not bad. I've gotten one for $180 before, and it's really not bad. Plus the price of cheap sd cards on amazon keeps me in business.

I mostly use my n3DS to play new releases. I'm purchasing Corpse Party when it comes out - and Pokemon but that's about it.

I also plan on gifting a n3DS XL to my fiancee. So that works - but I might have to put tracking and insurance on it.

Last edited by astrangeone,

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I feel like hacking something is kind of a way of really making it yours
CFW and other hacks on my consoles, custom roms on my phones etc. they're ways of making the device mine and giving me more customisation options
The first thing I do when I get something is look up what is available to mod/hack it
It's one hell of a hobby, the only issue is when things go wrong (like the hilarious time I wiped the OS off of my tablet and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't boot... to be fair I was a kid, so things like that are bound to happen, at least I fixed it)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I feel like hacking something is kind of a way of really making it yours
CFW and other hacks on my consoles, custom roms on my phones etc. they're ways of making the device mine and giving me more customisation options
The first thing I do when I get something is look up what is available to mod/hack it
It's one hell of a hobby, the only issue is when things go wrong (like the hilarious time I wiped the OS off of my tablet and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't boot... to be fair I was a kid, so things like that are bound to happen, at least I fixed it)
I base my entire purchase decisions around what can and can not be customized or hacked, especially when it comes to Android devices; this applies to consoles as well. Though I think we can all agree that we gain a satisfaction from doing what we're not supposed to just because something is considered taboo in some shape or form. It gives us a sense of power and control over the current situation regardless, such is being human.

Last edited by Joom,

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I like hacking my devices. Too bad X360 isn't that easy to manipulate. Not that there's a lot going on, because downloading a massive amount of Gigs for the games ain't worth it, and frankly, I already purchased all the games that interest me.

But having a way that is cheap/free and reliable, here I go. I don't purchase and collect electronic entertainment devices for the hell of it, but I can understanded who does.

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I too have that inch. I bought a sd2snes, a everdrive64, hacked my Wii wiiu and ps2 and owned a action replay max(4gb hdd) for my ds, soon tobe replaced with a acecard 2i and after a bricking that i got a Involution DS. I even ordered a 4.5 us manboard for my EU Zelda 3ds with my Gateway followed by A9hl

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm waiting for this thread to turn into a pissing contest over who has the most hacked whatsahoozits...oh wait.

LOL.. that's fine it can't be helped but i just hope no one would butt in and say how piracy is wrong because that sucks.. we can do what we want and nobody is perfect..

shadowfocus603

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this thread got a lot more traction than I expected. I have A9LH 2DS, O3DS XL, N3DS XL, 2 Wii's, WiiU, 2 PS2's, R4i NDS, Gamecube. I think that's all of them though I may be missing a few. Sold a modded PSP awhile back. Kinda regret it. Want to get another as well as a PSVita. Modded PS3 would be my holy grail at this point. Maybe tax time I'll pick up a 3.55 off ebay.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow this thread got a lot more traction than I expected. I have A9LH 2DS, O3DS XL, N3DS XL, 2 Wii's, WiiU, 2 PS2's, R4i NDS, Gamecube. I think that's all of them though I may be missing a few. Sold a modded PSP awhile back. Kinda regret it. Want to get another as well as a PSVita. Modded PS3 would be my holy grail at this point. Maybe tax time I'll pick up a 3.55 off ebay.

Where's the fun in modding a PS3 already at 3.55? :P

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's pretty nice and easy to mod the 3DS. I totally understand that it can become an addiction.
Now I want like 2 New 3DSs lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?