Hacking Soft-bricked 3DS?

KanterZ

Modder.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Okay.. So I was CFW-ing a N3DS XL Hyrule Edition... but it was on firmware 10.3.0-27U... and of course, it needs to be downgraded first..

While on the process of downgrading, "An error has occurred. Please turn off the power button." or something-like-that 3DS error pop up appeared.

Then, when I opened it, some applications such as System Settings and Browser aren't working anymore...

Any fix about this? Thanks for the help guys!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay.. So I was CFW-ing a N3DS XL Hyrule Edition... but it was on firmware 10.3.0-27U... and of course, it needs to be downgraded first..

While on the process of downgrading, "An error has occurred. Please turn off the power button." or something-like-that 3DS error pop up appeared.

Then, when I opened it, some applications such as System Settings and Browser aren't working anymore...

Any fix about this? Thanks for the help guys!
You can try upgrading to 9.2 using sysupdater (which might install the missing titles). Or try downgrading again if some titles weren't downgraded.

Before you do anything though, open the GW menu and make a backup of your nand and put it somewhere safe.

KanterZ

Modder.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You can try upgrading to 9.2 using sysupdater (which might install the missing titles). Or try downgrading again if some titles weren't downgraded.

Before you do anything though, open the GW menu and make a backup of your nand and put it somewhere safe.
Well, given that Cartridges still work... Think Ninjahax/OOT3DHax will fix it? Downgrading to 9.2 I mean.(because browser and the others don't work anymore and that I only use browserhax for HBL since I don't have Cubic Ninja nor OOT)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, given that Cartridges still work... Think Ninjahax/OOT3DHax will fix it? Downgrading to 9.2 I mean.(because browser and the others don't work anymore and that I only use browserhax for HBL since I don't have Cubic Ninja nor OOT)
If the browser doesn't work then cubic ninja might be your only option, as Ninjhax 2.5 doesn't require a browser. (Or OoT if you can get the save on it). Before rushing out to spend money though, see if someone has a better idea or I missed something obvious.

KanterZ

Modder.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If the browser doesn't work then cubic ninja might be your only option, as Ninjhax 2.5 doesn't require a browser. (Or OoT if you can get the save on it). Before rushing out to spend money though, see if someone has a better idea or I missed something obvious.
Yeah, I am. Thanks for replying, mate!

Reactions: Quantumcat

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Year, this happened to me too yesterday. I was pretty scared, because I initiated the downgrade from ninjahaax for 9.9.0 and it crashed like OPs did. Same behaviour. I had to install ninjhax for 9.2.0 firmware from a 2nd new3ds to get it working again and complete downgrade.

It's like a semi firmware with kernel 9.2.0 and apps at 9.9.0.

Last edited by GothicIII,

KanterZ

Modder.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Year, this happened to me too yesterday. I was pretty scared, because I initiated the downgrade from ninjahaax for 9.9.0 and it crashed like OPs did. Same behaviour. I had to install ninjhax for 9.2.0 firmware from a 2nd new3ds to get it working again and complete downgrade.

So like on what happened to mine, it wouldn't load since the apps are on 10.3 and my firmware kernel is on 9.2.0, yes?

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is because 9.2 Native_Firm is installs first now in the latest sysupdater to redowngrade without a sys recovery

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
According to Chinese downgraders' report,
1) Initial 9.9.0-26 & 10.3.0-27 have higher brick rate than updated 10.3.0-28.
2) The first DG of 10.3.0-27 is definitely incomplete. You have to re-upgrade that incomplete 9.2 DG to 10.3.0-28 and do one more DG again.

KanterZ

Modder.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
According to Chinese downgraders' report,
1) Initial 9.9.0-26 & 10.3.0-27 have higher brick rate than updated 10.3.0-28.
2) The first DG of 10.3.0-27 is definitely incomplete. You have to re-upgrade that incomplete 9.2 DG to 10.3.0-28 and do one more DG again.
Alright. Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte