Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
I never got this treatment. Why?

I don't swear at my parents. It's common sense. >_>

It isn't swearing at them, it's swearing when they can hear it. Most of the time it happens, I'm sure the words used weren't directed at the parental figures.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the soap in the mouth treatment, I never got the liquid soap though. But the trick to beating the bar soap is biting down on it and putting your tongue in the back of your mouth and dont let the soap touch your tongue.

Alternatively I have also gotten the tabasco sauce punishment, which is probably the worst.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mocalacace said:
I got the soap in the mouth treatment, I never got the liquid soap though. But the trick to beating the bar soap is biting down on it and putting your tongue in the back of your mouth and dont let the soap touch your tongue.

Alternatively I have also gotten the tabasco sauce punishment, which is probably the worst.
Hum, Tabasco sauce... If my parents had tried that, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have worked

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
mocalacace said:

Hum, Tabasco sauce... If my parents had tried that, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have worked

For me it sucked, although I love spicy foods-pure tabasco sauce on the tongue is too much for me.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
mocalacace said:
pyrmon24 said:
mocalacace said:

For me it sucked, although I love spicy foods-pure tabasco sauce on the tongue is too much for me.
I don't find tabasco to be all that bad, honestly.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re the original topic I already went but just to add to the chorus- should I ever have a sore throat I will usually use Tabasco sauce or something like to help it out a bit.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Once or twice around when I was hitting puberty, same with my brothers I think (never my sister).

It was my dad who did it. It wasn't just for casual swearing though, but for heated arguments in which swearing was involved, and only if he really snapped.

It was a fairly horrid experience, having a bar forcefully shoved in your mouth when you're crying anger and arguing. In his defence though, he always apologized after realizing he went to far (i.e. we were obviously rather upset afterwards).

I don't think I would have the heart to do it to my own children, but I respect that in some cases corporal punishment is the only solution to instill certain values and understanding within children. Particularly in my own faimly's case, we are all rather stubborn individuals (especially when it comes to arguments, it's typically a never give in situation). And I feel proud that I wasn't a spoiled brat.

If I were to choose and use a punishment (I'm sure I will one day), I would prefer a less invasive method (the mouth is too sensitive/private an area), such as spanking or something more mentally effective.

TwinRetro said:
Not only did I get my mouth rinsed out with soap, my mom would spray my mouth with perfume and made me hold it in for 5 full minutes. She also didnt just stick soap in my mouth, she would cut a sliver off the bar and make me eat it.

This I feel has gone past normal boundaries (especially the perfume one, that seems dangerous)
frown.gif
I really hope this doesn't reflect to much on the rest of your childhood my temp brother.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Wow... I thought I was the only one having a bad childhood.

While I wasn´t ever wash-mouthed with soap I did receive some other kind of punishments.

My mom broke a broomstick near my shoulders/back, just a years later almost killed me while suffocating me with a pillow (because I always 'brought problems' to her) and I can stay the whole day typing such stories.

However, I find amusing and funny reading a lot of stories here. I wouldn´t do this obviously, not at least if there is a good path to teach. (However this kind of examples aren´t easily forgotten)

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They first gave me Tobasco hot sauce. I adapted and I started liking it. So they switched to soap. Once again I adapted to it. I think my parents tried a little too hard to stop me from saying bad words when I was 8 because I was saying them all the time regardless of what they did.

Then I look back at those moments, and I wish I could slap the shit out of them for trying to brainwash me in believing I could get offended off such words.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What... The... Fuck...
Soap in the mouth for swearing?!
That's like the first time I ever heard about that crap.
blink.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SignZ said:
What... The... Fuck...
Soap in the mouth for swearing?!
That's like the first time I ever heard about that crap.
blink.gif
Honestly, I assumed it was a common practice.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Nathan Drake said:
fgghjjkll said:
I never got this treatment. Why?

I don't swear at my parents. It's common sense. >_>

It isn't swearing at them, it's swearing when they can hear it. Most of the time it happens, I'm sure the words used weren't directed at the parental figures.
Well, I don't swear near my parents either o_o

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never normally cuss at my house; I actually don't really curse at all unless it's typed out. Huh.
tongue.gif

I even experimented, by replacing "dang" with shit. They didn't even care.

Now lying, on the other hand... Oww.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not me. I always got spanked and/or yelled at..

I guess washing out your potty mouth isn't really a part of Asian culture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2