so yeah, i just bricked my newly bought psp 2000

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by 2002120141, Aug 10, 2010.

1. 2002120141
    OP

Member 2002120141 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    sucks to be me. anywho, should I wait for a something something recovery software or change board? fast replies would be grateful. changing the board would be painful for my pockets since i just bought my psp less than a week ago, waiting for a recovery software feels the same since i've had a taste of what the psp can offer.

Oh, the PSP and the DS really are the best complements to console gaming. No gamer is complete without the two. That's what I've learned since getting the PSP, and killed it afterwards. again, sucks to be me.

2. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    What happens when you turn it on? Also, how did you even brick it?

3. 2002120141
    OP

Philippines
    apparently, it's one those "unhackable"-fangled motherboards that I just discovered AFTER I bricked my PSP. It's those chickHEN type of PSPs. so yeah.. such a noob i am. lol. I miss my PSP so dearly, even just after a couple of days. T_T
    back on topic. I used GEN D3 to "update." It said that the update was complete and I should choose to reboot or shutdown my console. so i chose shutdown. When I turned it back on, Blackscreen, as if it was off. There's the green light though, but doesn't turn off after 5 nor 15 seconds. it just stays there unlike the youtube vids i've seen with bricked PSPs again, AFTER i bricked my PSP. sucks.

Edit: Sorry for being such a noob, but right now... I really am a noob to the PSP. should've come and asked here for advice first but... I was just so excited on what my new toy can do and take. I just wanna know what's the next step i should take now. i don't wanna just buy another unit (brand new or used) since i already have mine own, even if it's bricked. if I can restore it, then that's what i'll do - either by recovery or hardware mod. even if it's costly... thats just how i roll. sorry.

4. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    try to return it (don't mention anything about chickhen or gen lol) just say it's broke and let's hope they will replace it
    and remove the memory stick cause you don't want them to see what's on it. [​IMG]

5. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    So you have a PSP that you can only install temporary ChickHEN firmware on and you tried flashing GEN-D3 onto it? The only possible thing you can get from doing that is what you got, a brick. If it's a PSP with an unhackable motherboard that means you can't use a Pandora to restore it so you either need to replace the motherboard or buy a new PSP.

6. 2002120141
    OP

Philippines
    not an option. i bought it already modded. lol. so... from the sound of it.. looks like i gotta change board then? it costs 1/3 the price i bought... i'm kinda irked at the price and myself for causing the problem but looking at hindsight, i've spent quite a big amount on both my wii and ds that the cost for repairing my psp pales in comparison so far.

7. 2002120141
    OP

Philippines
    like i said, i was a complete noob at the time. didn't understand the CFW versions so much. I figured, i had GEN C, so upgrading to D was the next logical step. well, yeah, now i learned the hard way what a big mistake it was.

So i'm here asking, is there a recovery method in the horizon, or there's no other way but to replace it... i've heard rumors that there maybe a way to save it through software, so i'm a little (just a little) hopeful that there is, but you guys might know better.

And please don't be too hard on me. like i said. I was just excited having a new toy...

8. 2002120141
    OP

Philippines
    anymore advice? T_T
    sorry, i just wanna hear some more ideas, even it were all the same. I suppose, just to let it all sink in...

9. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yoru screwed you cant use pandora on a psp2000 your psp is **** sorry [​IMG]

10. nico445

Netherlands
    nope you messed up the board. if your buying another board try to get a fully hackable one. that way if you screw up the firmware again you just can fix it with a pandora battery

11. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    You need to send to Sony for repair and get it back with 6.30 on it so you then enjoy you're completely unhackable PSP.

12. 2002120141
    OP

Philippines
    New board then... *sigh*
    Thanks guys. Gonna go hunting tomorrow for a fully hackable one. Hope it still stays at 1/3 the price... *grumble grumble*

13. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Sell it on ebay as a broken PSP Slim. Don't say anything else (don't mention brick). Take the money and run....

14. 2002120141
    OP

Philippines
    sorry, just not my thing to trick people. and like i said, keeping my things and getting them to work again is how i roll.

15. nico445

Netherlands
    btw keep your old board. maybe one day they manage to unbrick such boards and then you could sell it off again to make some of that money back. [​IMG]

16. 2002120141
    OP

Philippines
    ah thanks for the tip!

oh! and just wondered. does the board consist of only that, the board? nothing else? stick? screen? buttons? just the board right? how big is it? as big as the PSP?

17. nico445

Netherlands
    not really sure opened my psp once to change the faceplate. like you have those small buttons on the board. which get hit by the buttons on the faceplate.. and it's as wide as the psp i guess are you going to replace the board yourself or find someone to do it?

18. 2002120141
    OP

Philippines
    someone else will do it.. i just wanted to know... thanks! it feels like i'm having an operation tomorrow. oh well. wish me luck!

19. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

I'm yet to see someone (other than one example on a PSP Mod forum a couple of years ago) replace a mobo in a bricked PSP and have it back working again...

20. punkyrule

Member punkyrule GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Best idea ever!!! [​IMG]

Good thing the 2nd hand psp slim that I bought is fully hackable. It's costly(and even rarely) now to buy a psp slim which is fully hackable(here in the Philippines). They sell psp 3000s here like half the price of a fully hackable psp 2000 and even psp 1000.