So will we ever get the N64 injected games that don't work working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ssmatt, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ssmatt
    OP

Newcomer ssmatt Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    From what very limited knowledge I have of it is that the reason they won't load is because each rom has specific settings made for that game.

Would there be any way of getting into these settings and changing them so they work with the injected game?

2. King Zargo

Member King Zargo I'm a Star

Netherlands
    Maybe if Nintendo releases VC games with better Emulator.

3. Rykin

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The problem is that Nintendo did not just release one N64 emulator and leave it so people can download a ROM and a settings file. It seems they make a new emulator for each game, which is much more space consuming.

As of right now, our best hopes are to test ROMs in future released N64 games and see how they function.

So the answer all depends on what games get released.

4. aaa2

Newcomer aaa2 Advanced Member

United States
    I think there could still be another problem involved in all this! Another problem involved might be that when injecting a rom you not only use the blank emulator that comes with the rom but you also use texture patches etc. that are related to the original rom inside the wad! My guess is that some of these rom-specific contents of the rom might prevent some roms from working properly so to increase compatiblity a simple hex edit replacing the roms might not do but you would have to also change pointers to rom specific locations and make it all work more generally!